Boy kicked out of school because of his genes

TheBrown57

http://todayhealth.today.com/_news/2012/10/17/14509787-boy-kicked-out-of-school-because-he-has-gene-for-cystic-fibrosis?lite#__utma=14933801.316180518.1343

A California boy has been ordered to transfer to another middle school because he carries the gene for cystic fibrosis, even though he doesn't actually have the incurable, life-threatening and non-infectious disease.
Colman has not suffered from lung problems, never needed treatment and had a negative result on a sweat test, the most accurate test for the disease, his parents told the Chronicle last week. They told the paper their son has never had a clinical diagnosis of cystic fibrosis.

:nono:

"About 30,000 American adults and children have the disease . . ." and he " . . has attended two other schools with students who have cystic fibrosis."

What are the odds of that?

I found that number to be way lower than I expected. I know 2 people that have this disease so I figured it affected millions not 30,000.

I knew a dude that had cf and died while waiting for a lung transplant. The school is just erring on the side of caution and covering their ass. If they were advised by a Dr that physical distance between people with the disease is the most effective way to.prevent them from giving each other.secondary infections then maybe that's the best course of action. So what if the kid has to change schools? ig fucking deal, I think his parents are assholes for trying to be media darlings over something that's honestly not a big deal. They have to transfer their kid to another.school 3 miles away. So what?