Spotting scopes

TSB67

I had gotten a Simmons scope like this one from Vances over the summer.

http://www.amazon.com/Simmons-20-60x60-Scope-with-Tripod/dp/B001JTT7WI/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1350969763&sr=1-3&keywords=simmons+blazer+spotting+scope

It's not a bad rig. They had it on sale for I think $75. It doesn't gather enough light and tends to get a little dark turned all the way up to 60x. Keep it between 20-50x and even out to the 200 yard targets you won't have trouble seeing the holes from a 223.

I had gotten a Simmons scope like this one from Vances over the summer.

Amazon.com: Simmons 20-60x60 Scope with Tripod: Sports & Outdoors

It's not a bad rig. They had it on sale for I think $75. It doesn't gather enough light and tends to get a little dark turned all the way up to 60x. Keep it between 20-50x and even out to the 200 yard targets you won't have trouble seeing the holes from a 223.

My buddy bought one of these as well but wasn't satisfied with it. You get what you pay for when it comes to a spotting scope.

I just went through this last week. Here's what I ordered. It can serve dual purpose for me, so if it's not what I want on the range, I'm still good. I've not tested it yet because I'm out of town.

But up to 140X magnification should let me see a hole in the paper. The price and quality from Orion is hard to beat.

http://www.telescope.com/Telescopes/Sale-Telescopes/Sale-Beginner-Telescopes/Orion-GoScope-70-Backpack-Refractor-Telescope/pc/1/c/378/sc/436/p/9794.uts?refineByCategoryId=436

I was definitely hoping for something <$100 that someone found that worked. Thanks for the input.

And IIRC those splatter targets don't really do anything with .223.

They're good to use with a shit spotting scope. The Simmons posted above with the paint targets works okay at 100yds. However I'd rather just use my buddies 4-12 optic than the spotting scope to see where my shots hit.