Thoughts on the family suing Monster for the death of their daughter

Casper

I'm not a 14 yr old girl... diabetic or not

but saying that one person can handle a ton of caffeine, so everyone can, is a little absurd.

if she were an adult, I'd say you all hit the nail on the head...and the lawsuit is a no-go... but there are too many variables...

The product certainly isn't advertized as a dangerous substance.

I'm not even saying the manufacturer is at fault, I'm just saying that depending on where she got it, and who was aware of what dangers, her parents might have a case.

I bet that monster makes their warnings more stern in the future, either way.

Here's the bottom line. She was 14, had a heart condition. 14 years of proper education by her parents would or SHOULD net her to think about her decisions. If the parents know of her condition and taught her what to eat/drink and what to avoid and why, it wouldn't be an issue.

I know a few kids around her age that have allergic reactions to peanuts and they ask the right questions when we go to dinner and avoid the things they know can cause issues. Of course, they have a few times where it gets by them, but it isn't like they see a bag of peanuts and dive in with hands full and chomp it down...

Point is that parents need to be parents and raise a kid the way they should so they make proper decisions. You are right, we are adults and we can make better decisions vs a 14 year old. But, we are talking a lifestyle that when properly taught, she should be better at adjusting her way of life to adapt to her issues than even we are. We eat too much, drink too much, put in our body, things we shouldn't. At her age, she should be more diligent at what she consumes than we are at our age...

We are talking a lifestyle that when properly taught, she should be better at adjusting her way of life to adapt to her issues than even we are. We eat too much, drink too much, put in our body, things we shouldn't. At her age, she should be more diligent at what she consumes than we are at our age...

so a 14 yr old should be expected to make better decisions than an adult....noted.:rolleyes:

a 14 yr old is old enough in some areas to be considered an adult so a 14 yr old should be mature enough to know what she should and should not have. It's her parents job to raise her to know that. If by 14, that has not happened, then she parents should have some fault.

I know I'm not that old. I'm only 26, but I know at 14 I knew what I could and could not have. I have asthma and a lot of allergies. By 14, I knew what to avoid because I knew what would and would not induce asthma attacks because that's what my parents and doctors taught me. So with a heart condition, she should have known better.

a 14 yr old is old enough in some areas to be considered an adult so a 14 yr old should be mature enough to know what she should and should not have. It's her parents job to raise her to know that. If by 14, that has not happened, then she parents should have some fault.

I know I'm not that old. I'm only 26, but I know at 14 I knew what I could and could not have. I have asthma and a lot of allergies. By 14, I knew what to avoid because I knew what would and would not induce asthma attacks because that's what my parents and doctors taught me. So with a heart condition, she should have known better.

This

so a 14 yr old should be expected to make better decisions than an adult....noted.:rolleyes:

Again, the peanut and allergic reaction example I cited is an example of a child making better decisions than we as adults make.

Can be done if the parents teach the kids well. She had a heart condition. Lessons taught early and instilled in the minds of children can have positive results.

Roll your eyes all you want. But, there are several examples of kids that make better decisions than adults every day.

Bingo. Apparently, that is too much to expect out of a "child" as some members think. They probably just laugh when their 14 year old takes drinks of beer from adults' cups at parties...

Bingo. Apparently, that is too much to expect out of a "child" as some members think. They probably just laugh when their 14 year old takes drinks of beer from adults' cups at parties...

I tend to think we're the only country in the world that looks at anyone under 18 as not able to think for themselves.

sooo... when you were 14, did you or your parents blame the manufacturer of everything that you did stupid dumb shit you did with, or did they just blame you for being a stupid dumb shit? when your cousin, the ruthless ice cold killbot soldier without a mind or a soul that would kill every and any american (including you and his immediate family) that he was ordered to, shot his eye out with a Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle with a compass in the stock while playing "ruthless ice cold killbot soldier", did he blame himself for shooting his eye out, or did he blame Daisy bb guns?

please, oh please, regale me with tales of what a great libertarian you are.

• Upvote 1