4/19 - Wayne Nat'l Forest Trip

Zorro

The Poster-Formerly-Known-As-Putty, flounder, myself, and a bunch of other people (most are unknown to me) are going to Wayne Nat'l Forest on Saturday 4/19 to go "ridin' dirty". I believe the plan will be to arrive at Wayne around 9am...and stay until we're too tired to ride. The date/time are pretty much set.

Over the last few months, I've saw quite a few posts from members stating they rode dirt so I figured I'd spread the word.

PM me if you're interested or have questions...

I will be down there that day. Just an FYI for the new permit cost

Seasonal Permit $45.00

3-Day Available $24.00

Daily Permit $12.00

Cool. Where do you park at? We take 33 until it goes to one lane...and then immediately make the first left. We usually park at p3.

Flounder informed me that the new Wayne pass cost $35.00. So, I'm not sure what to think now. Doesn't matter...$10 won't keep me away.

Zorro.. Are you sure its the 19... I think most people on CR voted for the 26th.. I would check with putty to make sure..

Now Im confused about the pass price as well. I was at Iron Pony on Friday and they said the new pass price was going to be $35.. If its 45, that is a $20 jump from last year.. what a crock of shit.

Zorro.. Are you sure its the 19... I think most people on CR voted for the 26th.. I would check with putty to make sure..

Now Im confused about the pass price as well. I was at Iron Pony on Friday and they said the new pass price was going to be $35.. If its 45, that is a $20 jump from last year.. what a crock of shit.

Putty did say it might be the 26th...he told me this saturday. Over emails when initially discussing this, we decided it would be the 19th. I got 4 people in for the 19, and that's not counting the people who saw this post. WTF. Looks like we'll have to go both days.

I just checked CR... Current vote stands at 70% for the 26th, Of course that is 7 votes for the 26th and 3 for the 19th. But if you have 4, then your votes are not included in that so it looks like we are pretty much tied for the dates as of now. Im hoping to rebuild that left fork this weekend.. I hope I have time with all the other shit I need to do as well. I also want to get a new tire on the rear before going.

I hear you an replacement parts! I'm glad to see a fellow ATVer on here.I might be moving on to a dirtbike but for now I put along on a 03 LTZ 400.

I would like to get a bike as well maybe...but I'm keeping the quad. Putty stated that at times he wishes he had a quad...but I guess the grass is always greener.

I just checked CR... Current vote stands at 70% for the 26th, Of course that is 7 votes for the 26th and 3 for the 19th. But if you have 4, then your votes are not included in that so it looks like we are pretty much tied for the dates as of now. Im hoping to rebuild that left fork this weekend.. I hope I have time with all the other shit I need to do as well. I also want to get a new tire on the rear before going.

You need to prioritized, my brutha!!! You'll be riding dirt before track...so fix the dirt bike first! duh! :)

You need to prioritized, my brutha!!! You'll be riding dirt before track...so fix the dirt bike first! duh! :)

Considering if we ride dirt on the 26, I will be at the track the 27 so they both need to be done at the same time. If I have to go with that shitty tire, then so be it but it will be tough as shit riding if its muddy since that thing is shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you going to meet on the 26th as well? I have a YZ426, that I wanna take down there sometime soon. I just rebuilt the motor for this season and need to see how well it does.

Nope... Me, Zorro and putty went today. in the first 40 min, zorro split a tire so he is down for the count until his new rims and tires come in. about 20 min after that, I fouled a plug out in the middle of nowhere and ended up pushing my bike for about 2.5 miles through the woods until a guy on a quad towed me another 5 miles to my truck. Im pulling the tires off tomorrow to put new ones on as well as pulling the forks to put in new oil seals. I also need to change out the jets in the carb.. She fouls left and right during the warmer weather. When its cold, she runs like a champ..

Putty's forks are leaking so bad that he is down for the count until he gets new oil seals as well.

wow you guys suck at life

no, we just suck at riding dirt.

I drove 1hr+ down there to ride 30-40 mins hard...then for the next 30 minutes I putted around the trails trying to find my way back to my truck. At least the weather was nice. :|