Wally world death match

Exarch

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then we agree to disagree.

No, we don't. You're wrong.

There have been fights over yard sales. Is the homeowner partially responsible for selling a Nintendo for $5? No. Of course not.

There's nothing negligent about having a sale, or having it start when the business opens or at any time. Businesses have been doing this for a hundred years.

100% of the blame and responsibility is on the tards who "frenzy". You don't create frenzy by holding a sale. I know, cause I've been to those sales and there wasn't any frenzy. When you try to split the blame, you're making excuses for the tards...you are suggesting that the store has done something that compelled them to "frenzy", and partially making victims out of the ONLY people responsible.

Liberal mentality, 101.

You. Are. Wrong.

Edited by swingset

No, we don't. You're wrong and histrionic.

There have been fights over yard sales. Is the homeowner partially responsible for selling a Nintendo for $5? No. Of course not.

There's nothing negligent about having a sale, or having it start when the business opens or at any time. Businesses have been doing this for a hundred years.

100% of the blame and responsibility is on the tards who "frenzy". You don't create frenzy by holding a sale. I know, cause I've been to those sales and there wasn't any frenzy.

The frenzy is the tards acting out.

You. Are. Wrong.

We're done.

Your signature: "A Pro-Gun, Pro-Choice, Agnostic, Social Moderate who believes that all people are equal regardless of gender, race, national origin or sexual orientation; that the government should only help those that really need it, and that self-sufficiency is a person's most admirable character trait".

There are those that seriously lack that, many of them are the ones causing the issues. ;)

Your signature: "A Pro-Gun, Pro-Choice, Agnostic, Social Moderate who believes that all people are equal regardless of gender, race, national origin or sexual orientation; that the government should only help those that really need it, and that self-sufficiency is a person's most admirable character trait".

There are those that seriously lack that, many of them are the ones causing the issues. ;)

Definitely there are those that seriously lack self sufficiency.

There’s a Riot Goin’ On: This Year’s Craziest Black Friday Videos All Come From Walmart

http://gawker.com/5962889/theres-a-riot-goin-on-this-years-craziest-black-friday-videos-all-happened-at-walmart

Must be Walmart's fault for having the same sale model that Best Buy, Kohl's, Target and everyone else has.

Clearly, they create frenzy and it has nothing to do with the clientele...who cannot help themselves.

Oh, and here's one in a mall:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/23/black-friday-gang-fight-woodland-mall-chaos-arrests_n_2178301.html

Another at a Galleria:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/11/black-friday-fight-over-womens-underwear-sale-caught-on-tape.html

And how bout Victoria's Secret:

http://youtu.be/mnu6yZKo7u8

Lead picture in this article...fight outside Target:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/black-friday-sales-slip-shoppers-opt-thursday-doorbusters-165525323--finance.html

A 20 second google search would show that Black Friday stupidity and stampedes aren't even close to being restricted to Walmart, but it sure is handy to have a Big Box villain to blame society's ills on, isn't it?

Edited by swingset

Alleged Black Friday Shoplifter Dies After Being Tackled by Walmart Employees

AJC: Alleged shoplifter dies after being subdued by Walmart workers

Easy to avoid that fate, don't run out the door with DVD players under your arm.

Anyway, in Columbus about 15 years ago a guy was killed outside a Meijers store the exact same way.

Walmart's fault.

I would not call it a "Walmart" sweatshop. It's a garment factory whose customers include Walmart, Ikea, Carrefour, Browning, Santasstefano etc and exports to the US and many European countries. The factory was given a poor fire safety rating but they didn't do enough to address the risks.

How come nobody called it an Ikea sweatshop?

(This info from the Google cached copy of their website - their real website is offline do to exceeding bandwidth. http://tuba-group.com)

• 2 weeks later...

So what's stopping Walmart from putting some simple verbiage in their supplier agreement that either:

A) All subcontractors must be approved by Walmart Supplier Quality staff

B) If additional temporary capacity is required, here is a list of approved Walmart subcontractors

or

C) If work is to be subcontracted, suppliers must ensure that subcontractors must meet or exceed all safety, codes, and legal requirements as original supplier that was audited.

Yea, I know from experience that is hard to enforce, but it would at least give Walmart some goodwill in the public perception department if they're going to continue to claim plausible deniability.

So what's stopping Walmart from putting some simple verbiage in their supplier agreement that either:

B) If additional temporary capacity is required, here is a list of approved Walmart subcontractors

or

C) If work is to be subcontracted, suppliers must ensure that subcontractors must meet or exceed all safety, codes, and legal requirements as original supplier that was audited.

Yea, I know from experience that is hard to enforce, but it would at least give Walmart some goodwill in the public perception department if they're going to continue to claim plausible deniability.

How do you know its not already in there?

or

I suspect that wording is there - that's why they are an "unauthorized" subcontractor.

I can't find anything in that article that says whether the blaze was at a legit supplier, or an unauthorized subcontractor.

Only that after the fire, Walmart did "clean-up":

After the Nov. 24 fire, both Wal-Mart and Sears (SHLD) said they had fired unauthorized suppliers.
weird how it's so important after-the-fact. :p
How do you know its not already in there?

If it is, then Walmart PR is doing a crappy job of communicating it.