Autozone Wow, just Wow

C-bus

Always wanted to do a "Wow, just wow" thread.

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/autozone-fires-worker-who-stopped-robbery.html

Ok....fox news...blah blah...

Nutshell.... 23 year old vet working at autozone is held up at gunpoint with his manager. Ordered to a back room. Escapes. Grabs gun from truck. Returns to rescue his boss. Panty waste runs away like a scared little girl. Vet saves the day. Cops hail him as hero. Autozone fires him due to zero tolerance gun policy.

Edited by C-bus

Insurance companies are the devil. I wouldn't feel terribly sorry for this veteran. I doubt he'll have trouble finding work after this incident. Probably the best thing he could do for his career' date=' honestly.[/quote']

You're absolutely correct. I'd hire him in a heartbeat.

I'm not on here calling for a hysterical boycott. It's just sad to me that this is where we are.

Insurance companies are the devil. I wouldn't feel terribly sorry for this veteran. I doubt he'll have trouble finding work after this incident. Probably the best thing he could do for his career' date=' honestly.[/quote']

Yup, and I consider a vehicle to be the owners property.

My company would do the same thing. If they even knew I kept a firearm I'm my truck I would be canned. "company policy" BS

Actually, I believe they can not do anything about that, as the vehicle is personal property along with everything in it. I know when I took my course, I was still in college and was told as long as the gun was in the truck it was still legal. ? I've also been told that as long as the weapon doesn't leave the vehicle it's legal by the local sherrif back home.

Is this incorrect?

Actually, I believe they can not do anything about that, as the vehicle is personal property along with everything in it. I know when I took my course, I was still in college and was told as long as the gun was in the truck it was still legal. ? I've also been told that as long as the weapon doesn't leave the vehicle it's legal by the local sherrif back home.

Is this incorrect?

There was a bill in the works that would make it illegal for companies to forbid employees from leaving gun in their car but I'm not sure if it has passed yet.

The world has gone retarded.

Hopefully this translates into something better than a shitty minimum-wage retail job for the guy. He deserves better.

Sad thing is it probably won't. I worked with a guy when I worked for the state who saved his neighbors kid from a fire. He had wanted to be a firefighter but he couldn't get hired on for whatever reason although he had no problem with the physical test. Basically affirmative action was kicking his butt. One night he heard his "pill head neighbor" screaming. He went outside saw her house was on fire. She was screaming that her baby was inside. He ran in in his gym shorts and t-shirt while the place was burning and got the kid out. He got some kind of reward from the Columbus fire department and they honored him at some dinner. He met a lot of hire ups with the fire department and fire marshals and he asked if they could help get him hired on. They all said yes took his number and shook his hand. He never heard back from them and is still working as a corrections officer.

It's about 'liability' and how, once again I say, our society today has become 'sue happy'. Its horsechit, but its the 'New America'.

The world around us keeps getting more and more violent but we as a nation are getting weaker and weaker.

• Upvote 1

We have a no gun policy at OSU too - not even allowed to keep it in our cars, which leaves everyone completely defenseless all the time, even on their way home, which as I understand is an OSU rule that is against Ohio law. There's a group that is preparing to sue OSU over it right now too, because their rule basically says 'I don't care what ohio law is, this is our rule" .... I haven't educated myself on the topic yet, but here's their fb page if anyone is interested: Students for CCW

We have a no gun policy at OSU too - not even allowed to keep it in our cars, which leaves everyone completely defenseless all the time, even on their way home, which as I understand is an OSU rule that is against Ohio law. There's a group that is preparing to sue OSU over it right now too, because their rule basically says 'I don't care what ohio law is, this is our rule" .... I haven't educated myself on the topic yet, but here's their fb page if anyone is interested: Students for CCW

Yeah see that was what I thought I was told. Basically schools, companies will make this law, but in the end, it's actualyl against the OH law, which should trump it in court.

The world around us keeps getting more and more violent but we as a nation are getting weaker and weaker.

Because the leaders are flexing and need a reality check. This happens when one whining persons voice is acted upon.

Autozone would rather loose their days cash income at that branch and get little ( if any ) press over it?

When instead, they've chosen to initiate a negative media explosion over their pisspoor decision to fire an employee who put his life on the line to defend his boss, and the company's interests, over some dumbass company gun policy? I am not in autoparts management, nor do I know all the in's/out's of those jobs.....but I can see the huge fail in this.....Damn....:nono:

There are other ways around what happened rather than worrying over an employee getting away with breaking a rule and keeping his job at a shitty parts dump