Iphone 4 front glass swap...

magley64

Anyone done one?

Backpack dropped her iphone 4 in the garage, and broke the front glass, mostly in 1 corner. Phone still works, but it would be nice to fix it.

I know the front glass and digitizer are glued together, so I'm thinking my best bet is to swap it out as 1 unit, or just take to apple store for a swap out.

apple charges $150, and basically just swaps out the whole phone after transferring data.

seen an $80 DIY kit online that includes the tools and part. I'm just a little leary of the part quality and accuracy of touch screen after swap.

Anyone done a front glass swap, or know of any reputable places to get parts?

I thought someone posted Casper does this, and a few other guys. You try Youtube? I know my friends son burnt his Iphone and the counter trying to swap batteries lol.

And aren't there like little shops that do it now too, just like buy the pc there and they fix it? I think Ousley posted that there's a place in Cbus downtown that does it in like an hour, all in house.

I thought someone posted Casper does this, and a few other guys. You try Youtube? I know my friends son burnt his Iphone and the counter trying to swap batteries lol.

And aren't there like little shops that do it now too, just like buy the pc there and they fix it? I think Ousley posted that there's a place in Cbus downtown that does it in like an hour, all in house.

that would be cool, but like a 3 hour drive... any idea on pricing and results?

that would be cool, but like a 3 hour drive... any idea on pricing and results?

Sorry not really, I'm not all techy, ok, not techy at all.

I wanna say Ousley told me it was like 50+like 25 labor or something.

And yeah, I knew you were 3 hrs away, I was just giving reference. Maybe google a local Iphone repair place, I am sure they are cheaper than Apple, and not as creepy.

My 14 yr old daughter has replaced her Gen3 touch screen twice, and just replaced her gen4 touch screen for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Granted, these are Touches and not iPhones, but its the same principle. Order a kit from ebay, watch Youtube videos while you wait for it to show up, have a go at it. The 4th gen was more involved than the 3g, but it works fine and was less than $20, I believe. If you can work on your own bike, I would think you can do this.