Car with 2 wheels

turnone

"It's not like riding a motorcycle, where you the rider has to lean," says Kim. "It's more like piloting a fighter jet, where you turn and the plane banks."

WTF?

Fancy way to say it rides like a motorcycle without actually saying it :dunno:

Because the machine would be classified by the U.S. Department of Transportation as a motorcycle it qualifies for lane-splitting, carpool lanes and motorcycle parking areas.

..what?

There's no way that thing is lane-splitting between regular vehicles.

..what?

There's no way that thing is lane-splitting between regular vehicles.

why not? Goldwings do it... that can't be much wider than a wing... in fact it looks narrower, lane splitting wouldn't be a problem.

also...:repost:...kinda

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=99331

Edited by magley64

I want to see the crash reports. I saw the video of the low speed impact with a small car, it was no f-350 or larger truck. For sure that would be sudden death.

and it wouldn't be on a motorcycle? This isn't trying to be a Volvo or a Hummer, it's trying to be a motorcycle you can ride in the elements.

excuse me, but i think we are all forgetting one of the main reasons we ALL probably ride a motorcycle... the open air and freedom lol.. i understand its for the elements, but i dont ride when i dont ride because of the dangers of being on 2 wheels, and i like bars, not steering wheels..

excuse me, but i think we are all forgetting one of the main reasons we ALL probably ride a motorcycle... the open air and freedom lol.. i understand its for the elements, but i dont ride when i dont ride because of the dangers of being on 2 wheels, and i like bars, not steering wheels..

When I'm in a car it's usually because of comfort, not danger. My daily winter car is a Cadillac Eldorado. Leather heated seats, climate control, bose...

My home built car has more of an open air feeling than my motorcycle as I usually just wear shorts, a t-shirt, flat tennis shoes, and a lap belt in it.

I wear a full face helmet on my motorcycle, as well as a leather jacket, and pants, boots etc.

Edited by magley64

I dont get the worries about crash worthiness from motorcycle riders. If this is built with a halfway decent cage you are going to be much better off in this than a motorcycle. Plus by the sounds of it you are not going to "go down" while riding due to road conditions. The gyros should keep it upright.

Losing power to the gyros should be a minor problem if done right. At speed it should be stable like a motorcycle. When you stop it will fall over causing cosmetic damage to the car. Bummer but hardly a serious issue, unless this is a regular occurance.

Im wondering if these could be a good winter commuter for me. If the gyros keep it stable and its somewhat protected from the salt then it could work where I avoid riding the motorcycle.

Still too expensive from the cheap tastes but I like the idea.

Craig

This. I'm just imagining ATGATT preachers for this, haha.

I didn't read anything about heating! Am I missing that?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

usually an afterthought in any electric vehicle...

electric heaters are easy enough, but are energy hogs and will have a noticeable impact on range.

probably has an insane turn radius

Thinking the same thing. Even though I counter steer and lean to turn at faster speeds, I still steer the bike at a slow speed to make a reasonable turning radius. This thing doesn't look like it has the ability to turn the front wheel.