06 Kawi 636=Baddest "600" EVER

coltboostin

Good friend owns a bike speed shop down here-he tell me he has something for me to check out-

Swing buy-and this beautiful 06 636 is sitting there. Take it for a spin-and WTF?! I though I was on a ZX12!

I asked him what was done to it, becasue it sure was quite-its BONE stock. I could not believe it,a nd after looking for the no2 for 20 minutes, I gave up.

Did a bit of research-and per Sport Rider-

ZX-6R ('05) 10.38 @ 135.6

Holy hell! To put this in perspective-

GSX-R1100 ('97) 10.45 @ 130.2

Thats beating up on your cousin's GXr1100!

So-I can get this thing for 5k. Mint-2000 miles. Black on Black. Good buy?

And-how much can I sell a nice 01 CBR 600F4i for? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had an '02 ZX-12R. Look at my myspace default picture. I also have an '03 636 and have ridden my buddies '06 636 who is also a member here. Neither one of them can come within' 10-15 bike lengths from 0-165mph when racing against a 12r. 12r is WAY faster! :wink: But 636 will crucify it in the twisties. :evil:

And that sportrider 1/4 time is their time. You shouldn't pose on what a magazine says. I think it's so funny when people flaunt their bikes by saying, "Shit it's suppose to do this...etc." That don't mean squat, it's what YOU the rider can do on it yourself is what counts. :)

Disclaimer: This is not meant to be a flame post. :wink:

I've had an '02 ZX-12R. Look at my myspace default picture. I also have an '03 636 and have ridden my buddies '06 636 who is also a member here. Neither one of them can come within' 10-15 bike lengths from 0-165mph when racing against a 12r. 12r is WAY faster! :wink: But 636 will crucify it in the twisties. :evil:

And that sportrider 1/4 time is their time. You shouldn't pose on what a magazine says. I think it's so funny when people flaunt their bikes by saying, "Shit it's suppose to do this...etc." That don't mean squat, it's what YOU the rider can do on it yourself is what counts. :)

I understand and agree with that-but the fact that the capability is there is what impresses me.

A 600 that has the ability to go 135+BONE STOCK is nice-very nice..

I understand and agree with that-but the fact that the capability is there is what impresses me.

I've had my '03 636 on US35 near Jamestown and Washington Courthouse up to 167mph indicated...I had my elbows on my knees and was as tucked as I can get, it wasn't going no higher.

Ofcourse realisticly with speedo error correction I was going around high 150's. Bone stock other than BMC race filter and Muzzy slip-on.

I've had my '03 636 on US35 near Jamestown and Washington Courthouse up to 167mph indicated...I had my elbows on my knees and was as tucked as I can get, it wasn't going no higher.

Ofcourse realisticly with speedo error correction I was going around high 150's. Bone stock other than BMC race filter and Muzzy slip-on.

I was speaking of trap speeds in the 1/4 mile.

Gotcha! :cool: But this isn't a drag bike, it's a corner carver/road race bike my friend. :dj:

Gotcha! :cool: But this isn't a drag bike, it's a corner carver/road race bike my friend. :dj:[/quote:30222]

and so is a 1000. the funny thing about people saying how their bike will hand another bike it's ass in the twisties is funny. cuz a 1000 will destroy a 600 if the rider is good enough. same thing with an SV650. i've handed asses of 1000 riders on my old sv at the track. it's all about the sack region and skill

Gotcha! :cool: But this isn't a drag bike, it's a corner carver/road race bike my friend. :dj:[/quote:11ba1]

and so is a 1000. the funny thing about people saying how their bike will hand another bike it's ass in the twisties is funny. cuz a 1000 will destroy a 600 if the rider is good enough. same thing with an SV650. i've handed asses of 1000 riders on my old sv at the track. it's all about the sack region and skill[/quote:11ba1]

Every liter bike I run into maybe 1% of them know what's up. I'm on a 636 and If they fuck with me when I'm out on the back roads...I crack it loose and lose them and just roll my eyes, because they just showed me they don't need that bike. Most people buy a liter bike for the pose factor of saying it's fast, but can't come even CLOSE to tapping into it's potential.

BTW, how long you had your race license? Very cool, wish I had the money to put into myself to get that far. We spend too much on other shit unfortunately. :(

Gotcha! :cool: But this isn't a drag bike, it's a corner carver/road race bike my friend. :dj:[/quote:a4a29]

and so is a 1000. the funny thing about people saying how their bike will hand another bike it's ass in the twisties is funny. cuz a 1000 will destroy a 600 if the rider is good enough. same thing with an SV650. i've handed asses of 1000 riders on my old sv at the track. it's all about the sack region and skill[/quote:a4a29]

Every liter bike I run into maybe 1% of them know what's up. I'm on a 636 and If they fuck with me when I'm out on the back roads...I crack it loose and lose them and just roll my eyes, because they just showed me they don't need that bike. Most people buy a liter bike for the pose factor of saying it's fast, but can't come even CLOSE to tapping into it's potential.

BTW, how long you had your race license? Very cool, wish I had the money to put into myself to get that far. We spend too much on other shit unfortunately. :([/quote:a4a29]

This is my second season, first year as an expert, first year on a 600. I've picked it up pretty quickly, but now i'm in the big leagues and things are gonna be much more difficult. It def. costs a TON of money to do this sport, especially where i'm at. Luckily my dad and I have raced bikes and cars for years and he supports it, this year i'm slowly taking on the economic demands, and boy do they hurt!