For the pro-AWBers

dustinsn3485

So according to you everything we have is a gift from the almighty government and if they should so choose we should all rollover and die?

No, what I'm saying is that if a right can be "revoked" then it was never a right to begin with...

free speech, you can say whatever you want in public (so long as it isn't causing a panic or a riot)

Edited by magley64

Wow. Guns are purely entertainment for me. I tell people that I like to break stuff, and a gun is like a remote-control hammer that allows me to break stuff from far away. I don't even like killing animals - I prefer to get my meat from the grocery store where no animals are harmed. :D I never plan to use a gun in defense. I have nothing to protect but myself. I'd rather be carried by six than judged by twelve. Folks saying they need their guns for defense from a tyrannical government scare me a little bit, but we're on the same side.

The second amendment is a joke when you have people fighting for their "right" to jump through a bunch of hoops and pay fees to carry a gun within a bunch of dotted lines.

NFA rules piss me off. I smile a little bit every time some nutjob goes on a shooting spree with a 16" unsuppressed semi (you can call me an asshole for that, I am). Would a suppressed auto SBR have been that much more effective? The crime should be in what you used it for, not having it. Of course I could pay $16,000 for the right to mow down trees in my backyard at 0.30/rd. If I planned to commit multiple felonies anyway I could do some machine work much cheaper.

In the face of potential legislation however, my only interest in the most recent shootings was what was used. Like many I had my fingers crossed saying "pleasenotanarpleasenotanarpleasenotanarpleasenotanar." Now if they come out with another AWB along the lines of what Cheech was saying, I will smile a little bit when the next nutjob goes on a shooting spree with a fixed-stock, non-threaded barrel, non-pistol grip, non-bayonet lug Kalifornia-style rifle. It won't be any quantifiably less deadly.

In high school I was threatened with a suspension for having a box cutter. The dean of discipline said "you could slash somebody with this" and I said "I could stab somebody with a pencil."

If a cop ever pulls me over for "unneccesary acceleration" I am going to tell him that acceleration was completely necessary even if for no reason other than it made me happy. I'm not hurting anybody.

This turned into a rambling incoherent response. My point was no I don't need guns, I want guns. What ever happened to the RIGHT of "pursuit of happiness?" As long as my pursuit of happiness doesn't infringe on someone else's pursuit of happiness, leave me the fuck alone.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Guns are purely entertainment for me. I tell people that I like to break stuff, and a gun is like a remote-control hammer that allows me to break stuff from far away. I don't even like killing animals - I prefer to get my meat from the grocery store where no animals are harmed. :D I never plan to use a gun in defense. I have nothing to protect but myself. I'd rather be carried by six than judged by twelve. Folks saying they need their guns for defense from a tyrannical government scare me a little bit, but we're on the same side.

The second amendment is a joke when you have people fighting for their "right" to jump through a bunch of hoops and pay fees to carry a gun within a bunch of dotted lines.

NFA rules piss me off. I smile a little bit every time some nutjob goes on a shooting spree with a 16" unsuppressed semi (you can call me an asshole for that, I am). Would a suppressed auto SBR have been that much more effective? The crime should be in what you used it for, not having it. Of course I could pay $16,000 for the right to mow down trees in my backyard at 0.30/rd. If I planned to commit multiple felonies anyway I could do some machine work much cheaper.

In the face of potential legislation however, my only interest in the most recent shootings was what was used. Like many I had my fingers crossed saying "pleasenotanarpleasenotanarpleasenotanarpleasenotanar." Now if they come out with another AWB along the lines of what Cheech was saying, I will smile a little bit when the next nutjob goes on a shooting spree with a fixed-stock, non-threaded barrel, non-pistol grip, non-bayonet lug Kalifornia-style rifle. It won't be any quantifiably less deadly.

In high school I was threatened with a suspension for having a box cutter. The dean of discipline said "you could slash somebody with this" and I said "I could stab somebody with a pencil."

If a cop ever pulls me over for "unneccesary acceleration" I am going to tell him that acceleration was completely necessary even if for no reason other than it made me happy. I'm not hurting anybody.

This turned into a rambling incoherent response. My point was no I don't need guns, I want guns. What ever happened to the RIGHT of "pursuit of happiness?" As long as my pursuit of happiness doesn't infringe on someone else's pursuit of happiness, leave me the fuck alone.

Quoted that whole thing to say....I couldn't have said it better! If I could afford it, I would be trimming trees in my back yard right now!

Hey Magz you have anymore coolaide left? I love reading these types of threads..

Carry-on

"legally obtained" is the part we're discussing here. the arbitrary line where the government says "no, that's not legal"

I legally obtained one of these and lots of ammo from the government at an age where I wouldn't be able to obtain a CHL.

WARNING. THE FOLLOWING CONTAINS AWESOMESAUCE!!!

http://youtu.be/EM82Vuq3PdM

• Upvote 1

So according to you everything we have is a gift from the almighty government and if they should so choose we should all rollover and die?

I apparently got negative rep from Mags on this for "sensationalizing" :nono:

Congrats though, Mags. You win the award for giving me the first negative rep. Never had any before today.

• Upvote 1