Purchased my Guns on Friday

Gunner75

I got myself a Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service in OD Green. All the guys that i see up here either get all black or the stainless with black lowers. If anyone here remembers my Ninja 650 youll know I like to be different, that even goes over to my guns. Got it for $500 out the door. MSRP was $459 The cheapest place around me was Old English Outfitters but with the cost in gas down I come out even in my opinion. I am exempt from taking the Concealed Carry course with my veterans status. Ive already taken my paperwork, and photo down to my sheriff's department and turned it in. They did my fingerprints and background while there. Entered my information into their system and told me Ill get a call in 3-4 weeks to come pick up my license.

Dont freak out, I was a line coach small arms trainer when I was discharged in 2004, I have ample training in the handling of a firearm. I will be signing up for an advanced class come the spring.

I got my wife her christmas present, a Ruger LC9-LM. She loves it, fits well in her hands. Its all black and has a Lasermax ambidextrous laser sight. Its a nice little gun but not for me, too small and far to much trigger travel for my taste. I have her scheduled for her Concealed Carry course in March.

We took both our guns out to my father in law and ran some rounds through them. Father in law broke out his Judge. That thing is a blast. I have to say though, my XD fires flawlessly. I used Federal general FMJ rounds for plinking. Plan on getting some personal defense hollow points at some point, just not sure which ones I wanna get or where to get them.

I also managed to purchase my AR lower receiver and some spare parts for which i will be building myself an AR15. My wife made me promise to wait till after we get our taxes back to finish the built though.

myxd_zps7cfea237.jpg

myar_zps3aa4dcb0.jpg

I've been wanting an 1911 for a long time but since I finally got a chance to fondle the new XD45s I'm starting the consider that for my next carry piece...plus it's half the price of the Kimber I really want.

Yeah bro, I loved my cuz's kimber and my BIL, but the XD=pure sexyness, kinda like you. ;)

No most are close but most are off a hair that I have seen. The two new guns I have bought with lasers on them one was a hair off low the other was way off and need to be re zeroed. Good way to check them is to turn the laser on aim at something 20 feet away with the dot from the laser. The iron sights should hold about the same point of aim as the lasers dot.

When I bought the laser for my sig, it was way off and I manually adjusted it as speedytriple suggests above. I used it this weekend and wow, my groupings are MUCH tighter with the laser than without. I need to work so my iron sight accuracy approaches the same level.

Funny I'm the other way. I notice the movement in my hands way more with a laser and seem to focus to much on it, the grouping are much worse then with my irons. I much prefer night sights to lasers.

Same thing happened with my wife. For me I can see the movement and relax to the point where it's minimized and then time the movement so I fire at the right moment. Almost like a video game which is probably why I was good at it :lol: