Any interest in a group first-aid / CPR training?

Casper

Our local career center has Volunteer Firefighter and "EMS Refresher/First Responder" for under $400 each, then they have EMS Basic bu that's about $1k.

For someone like me that won't be seeking out emergency scenes but wants be useful until the EMS/Police/Fire dept arrive, would the EMS Refresher/First Responder course be the right one?

First Aid and CPR would be all you need.

The First Responder is for people joining a Volunteer Dept. Its the first step to getting on a squad and getting some ride time before going for your EMT card

Gotcha. Had both in the past, both expired.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok need a solid count of how many will come to Licking Twp Fire Dept for the class at 20 dollars per person. Class would be on a Sunday, mid morning or afternoon. Whatever is best for most. The Station is in Nashport off 146 and 16, 45 mins from Columbus. The fee is basically cost off class and cards which is $15 and a $5 donation to the Station general fund. You will receive an American Heart Association CPR Certification good for 2 years and if time allows and enough are interested maybe some basic first aid. This class is usually $50 to $60.

8 year olds can do effective CPR. I have personally been on a run that a 7 year old is the only reason his grandma is still alive.

Sign me up for two. Don't be surprised if he does the course with ear defenders on if y'all cuss up a storm, though. ;)

Ok so I have confirmed.

Scruit+1

Casper+1

2fast

MJ

That's 6 for sures, didn't count the maybes because there is a class size limit of 10 or 12 and the instructor fees so I need for sures. The first 10 for sures are in. I'll have the date tomorrow.

If more are interested I could get a second one set up or possibly a second instructor to up class size but as of now it will be the first 10 for sures and possibly 12

Edited by MidgetTodd