The American Army

ReconRat

The largest army in the world. The American public. Nothing even comes close.

It's who we are, even if some don't like it. It is freedom. Forever.

Don't change it.

I want one new federal law. All ex-military must buy their own combat rifle. 7.62 or 5.56.

Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert of Texas said, “Well, for the reason George Washington said: A free people should be an armed people. It ensures against the tyranny of the government, if they know that the biggest army is the American people.”

“The right is absolute … government has no authority to forbid me from owning a firearm … the debate is not about guns. It is about freedom.”

California State Sen. Tom McClintock, 6/9/2001

“By calling attention to ‘a well regulated militia’, the ’security’ of the nation, and the right of each citizen ‘to keep and bear arms’, our founding fathers recognized the essentially civilian nature of our economy. Although it is extremely unlikely that the fears of governmental tyranny which gave rise to the Second Amendment will ever be a major danger to our nation, the Amendment still remains an important declaration of our basic civilian-military relationships, in which every citizen must be ready to participate in the defense of his country. For that reason, I believe the Second Amendment will always be important.”

John F. Kennedy, April 1960

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 1

If I remember right, Switzerland has a mandatory military service for men. Voluntary for women. And as far as I know, they still take the service rifle home and hang it over the fireplace.

799px-Stgw_90.jpg

Israel has something similar, but they keep them all in armories in each neighborhood. When the call comes, they put on their combat gear and draw weapons.

800px-Tavor-latrun-exhibition-1.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

And today Kasich is worth quoting also. He's not delaying the new changes to Ohio's gun laws.

“I’m a Second Amendment supporter and that’s not going to change. There are a range of issues at play here involving mental health, school security and a culture that at times fails to reject the glorification of violence that can desensitize us to the sanctity and majesty of life. Going forward, we need to pay close attention to what the experts conclude from this incident in order to see if there are lessons to be learned and applied here in Ohio," said Kasich.

it strikes me as funny when people do bad things on drugs the drug gets the blame (becomes an illegal substance. take sudafed for example). but it's never a gun's fault when someone does unspeakable things with one.

Yes, in a perfect world guns (sic) would only kill other guns, and leave us people out of it. sarcasm

And I still don't blame Sudafed for what stupid people do.

it strikes me as funny when people do bad things on drugs the drug gets the blame (becomes an illegal substance. take sudafed for example). but it's never a gun's fault when someone does unspeakable things with one.

Wtf? I don't get into the habit of blaming inanimate objects. I choose to blame the person and hold them accountable.

Huh? Sudafed makes people bad? When did this happen, that shit just made my nose stop running. I think what you meant to say is look what happens when CRIMINALS take pseudoephedrine (Sudafeds base ingredient) and cook it into the illegal drug methamphetamine. The drug itself is still not the root cause of the problem, the CRIMINALS are still the problem. They have just found another way to take a common item and change it's purpose on the planet to allow it to ruin the lives of other people.

Just the same notion that saying guns are the problem when the real issue is the unstable nutjob behind the trigger with no sense of right or wrong. Not a single gun manufacturer ever (repeat EVER) had the intention of making a gun specifically so some unstable teenager could go running into a mall, school, movie theater or any other public place and start shooting children. If any of you gun hating sheeple really think that somehow the only purpose of owning guns is so you can do illegal things with them, you really have something wrong in your head. And even worse so if you feel the need to blame the gun for something a criminal, psycho, or hopped up druggie does with it.

doesn't Isreal have mandatory military requirements for all male and female citizens?

Short answer: YEP

000123.jpg

Afer the election and a head count of me and my girls I went on an upgrade spree.

cb90d1ab-d823-43aa-a9bf-c8f6a8b5b536.jpg

The pink .22 is for the 6 year old. As soon as she can lift it, I'll continue passing on skill sets. She's the youngest of my 3. Oldest 2 have allready taken the oath and are 5th generation active duty.

• Upvote 1

Really, comparing the second amendment to Sudafed abuse..

there are already laws against doing bad things with guns, what do you think more laws are going to accomplish? you cant stop crazy

you cant stop crazy

Just once, I'd like to see a politician stand up and say, "People, no matter what laws are passed, and no matter what guns are banned, you're never going to be able to stop someone that's crazy enough to give their life to take yours. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself, either by arming yourself, or accepting the fact that you're a potential target."

Wouldn't that be refreshing...

• Upvote 2

People need to stop blaming everything else and start blaming the root cause of the problem...people with head issues.

Just once, I'd like to see a politician stand up and say, "People, no matter what laws are passed, and no matter what guns are banned, you're never going to be able to stop someone that's crazy enough to give their life to take yours. The only thing you can do is prepare yourself, either by arming yourself, or accepting the fact that you're a potential target."

Wouldn't that be refreshing...

Well-done.

there are already laws against doing bad things with guns, what do you think more laws are going to accomplish? you cant stop crazy

I agree 100%. Each individual in this country has to take ownership in their own safety and the safety of their family. The best way to do that is to prepare for the worst and always hope for the best, but if the worst happens you will have the ability and the tools to deal with it. The only thing more restrictive laws will do is prevent law-abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves and their family in the worstcase scenario.

doesn't Isreal have mandatory military requirements for all male and female citizens?

Over age of 18, three years for males and two years for females.

Arab citizens are excluded, but Druze citizens are included.

Service can be various. Border patrol is one of the options.

All citizens with prior military service are reserves, but seldom called.

Maximum of one month training per year for reserves.

Edited by ReconRat

I want one new federal law. All ex-military must buy their own combat rifle. 7.62 or 5.56.

Really? A law mandating people to buy weapons they may or may not need, or even want? Simply because of what their job USED to be... sounds like a GREAT idea...

Look I get the opposition to guns being banned, but to walk it back the other direction and mandate guns for people, is just dumb.

Whining, crying, and sheep bleating not allowed in this thread.

Delusions of fantasy worlds of rainbows and unicorns also excluded.

Discussion is technically of interest only to ex-military personnel.

So wait, I can't just post random stuff? I mean I was hoping for way more in this thread today and it did not deliver. I ended up having to take a 2 hr nap at work because I couldn't read anything fun.

I expected a lot better. I actualyl thought this was an interesting topic myself.