The future of fueling

Gump

Ryder truck is already doing it on the west coast I believe, with commercial trucks. It is currently possibly to aquire a CNG fleet and pipe in a fueling station at your location to existing natural gas lines within your current structure. Aep trucks have been doing it for years et cetera. But yes will take years to see them in a retail market but it might be sooner than you think. What will suck is when the infrastructure of pumps is built the price will go up.

Edited by Gump

5 yrs before we every see one of these somewhere. 10 before they become somewhat common.

Umm

Honda has been selling a CNG powered Civic with an optional home fueling station. So we already see it.

However 10 yrs to be some what common might be reasonable.

Problem is infrastructure. Not many will buy a vehicle that they cant take on a trip and just refill along the way.

Craig

<edit>

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic-natural-gas/

OK Honda does not sell the refueling but you can buy the refueling station for your home.

Edited by CBBaron

you guys are missing flounder's point I think

CNG powered vehicles have been around for at least 20 years. CNG conversion kits for just about any vehicle can be found easily and installed. If I understood him correctly he was talking as a mainstream source of fueling.

The current Federal administration has been doing many things to make this take even longer to develop. The state of Ohio has begun also attempting to the stunt the growth as well. If done correctly, it could become our #1 fueling source in a maximum of 3 years but the governments are making it rather difficult to do

They have a way to make NG into fuel so their is no conversion. Let me try to find the link i read.

the conversion kit I was speaking of is to convert any already gasoline engine into a CNG engine

I know this stuff pretty well, after all I do work for a company that specializes in Natural Gas ;)

the conversion kit I was speaking of is to convert any already gasoline engine into a CNG engine

I know this stuff pretty well, after all I do work for a company that specializes in Natural Gas ;)

Shit I remember reading was to to convert/ refine the gas into a liquid to be used in a normal engine.

I'am from coshocton so I might be retarded in what I read.

They have a way to make NG into fuel so their is no conversion. Let me try to find the link i read.

I think you may be thinking of their "Diesel Natural Gas"

This is actually a conversion for Diesel Engines that adds a Natural Gas injection to the fuel system of a Diesel Engine. The NG is added to the diesel air mixture to cause a more through burn and improve efficiency.

And Bad I still think the biggest obstacle to CNG cars is lack of infrastructure.

You buy a gas car and you dont need to install anything at your residence and you can fill up at a million convenient locations. For CNG you have to install a refueling system in your home at considerable cost or track down one of the few commercial fueling stations. Even worse when traveling.

Most are not willing to make the effort. Especially when with most CNG conversions you lose performance and range.

Craig

you guys are missing flounder's point I think

CNG powered vehicles have been around for at least 20 years. CNG conversion kits for just about any vehicle can be found easily and installed. If I understood him correctly he was talking as a mainstream source of fueling.

The current Federal administration has been doing many things to make this take even longer to develop. The state of Ohio has begun also attempting to the stunt the growth as well. If done correctly, it could become our #1 fueling source in a maximum of 3 years but the governments are making it rather difficult to do

Why do you think they are making it difficult?

And Bad I still think the biggest obstacle to CNG cars is lack of infrastructure.

You buy a gas car and you dont need to install anything at your residence and you can fill up at a million convenient locations. For CNG you have to install a refueling system in your home at considerable cost or track down one of the few commercial fueling stations. Even worse when traveling.

Most are not willing to make the effort. Especially when with most CNG conversions you lose performance and range.

Craig

Oh, I don't disagree at all. My point was that the infrastructure problem could be solved much easier, simpler and in shorter time than what most people think. It's just at the current time there are too many roadblocks and hoops to jump through to make it happen that its not economical for companies to persue

Taxes and regulations anywhere from drilling to refining to even transporting

I'm betting on taxes maybe. If it was hooked up to your house the state would loose a ton of revenue I'd assume. Ill check into this deeper. I want to know what the ROI is for a commercial fleet supplied from home. The WSJ had a article on putting in your own fueling station lately. I thought there were tax credits involved also.

Edited by Gump