Cold AM Commute

Big Green Valley

i dont ride in the cold because its not fun. you have to go slow, the cold makes me uncomfortable; which in turn makes me not want to even gear up.

idk cold weather riding IMHO isnt fun, its something you do because you have no other choice. (my bike was my only vehicle when i first bought it) when givin a choice i wouldnt choose to ride in this shit.

good luck and hope you get some kind of masochistic joy out of these harsh months

I know that feeling, I got one of those face masks that cover your nose mouth and chin after my first ride under 20 degrees.

Would like to get some heated gear but wow they think heat tape/trace is gold sheathed or something.

I think i'm going to get a Mobile Warming Coat, I was a little surprised by the cost of heated gear too, but Riders Discount gives a really great price on it. From what I'm reading, its not a coat you wear by itself, but it is a heated layer, and it runs on battery, so you're not tethered to anything.

Anyone have any thoughts on inexpensive (or rather, less expensive) heated gear?