My new custom IWB. Cheaper then Crossbreed, just as good.

Gunner75

Its called the Fusion IWB, its made independently here in Ohio. The guy makes them for any pistol or revolver on the market and they come with a lifetime warranty. If the Kydex ever cracks or the leather wares out, you send it to them, or take it to their booth at the Lima Gun show and they will replace it for free. You can order them off ebay by searching "Fusion IWB holster". On Ebay they run $55 with the cost of shipping included. If you get it at the gun show, its $50. I love it for concealed carry, for open carry, i will still use my Blackhawk Serpa.

009-3_zps7bf0bc1e.jpg

013-2_zpsab80a6ad.jpg

014-2_zpse1fd2ef2.jpg

It evens looks to be homemade, I am sure it works better than it looks, what is up with that crazy looking top of the leather? The Kydex mold for the pistol doesn't appear to be very well done, maybe I am just seeing things wrong?

No it is homemade. but the leather is very good quality. I had the guy make it while at the lima gun show today. Crossbreed uses a vacuum mold to make theirs more detailed. If i want it more detailed I can take it to them and they will form it more but its good enough that it holds my XD in the holster with an 18 round mag in place upside down.

That thing looks bad. Sorry. Old Faithful blow that out of the water. Leather edges look gross, the kydex had to much heat applied to it. Wrong size bolts for the belt loop attachments.

Get rid of your surpa and get a Raven also

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

i agree, it doesn't look great, but it's an iwb holster - retention and feel are what's important, no one (should) see it, James likes it, so...

next time i need one, i'm calling Parks Holsters, Inc... :D

That is allot of leather, are they comfy?

i honestly cannot feel much of a difference between my kholster(s) (1911, LCR) and my x-breed (xd-9 service 4"), and although the extra thickness on the K isn't much, i think i kinda prefer it..

Edited by jblosser
'much of'

That is allot of leather, are they comfy?

I have the Crescent Holster for my m&pc and my wifes LC9 and yes they are very comfey once i got about 4 coats of mink oil on them and worn them a few times. You can trim them down to fit you needs, the lether is very soft and pliable. And the clips are adjustable, if you keep a eye out he puts them on sale from time to time, i got mine for $39(M&p) & $35 (lc9)

I looked at all the more well known IWB holsters that i found on google. They looked good and functional, and the crossbreed is well made. But im about saving cash so i went with one that used a softer backed leather which is why you see the leather strands at the bottom. It isnt going to require much break in to get it to be comfortable. What really did it for me was when i had my wife to try and take my gun out of it from behind and from the side. My gun would bind a bit if she tried from either. It does force you to draw close to the body. It really did it for me when i flipped it upside down with a fully loaded 18 rnd mag and my gun didnt drop out. But when I draw it doesnt bind at all. So for me it works. And without the increased cost like other name brand holsters

I have the Crescent Holster for my m&pc and my wifes LC9 and yes they are very comfey once i got about 4 coats of mink oil on them and worn them a few times. You can trim them down to fit you needs, the lether is very soft and pliable. And the clips are adjustable, if you keep a eye out he puts them on sale from time to time, i got mine for $39(M&p) & $35 (lc9)

Wow that sure sounds like a winner, looks very high quality. I am quite the fan of Comp-Tac, I have their paddle holster "awesome" and am very seriously looking at the Infidel Ultra. For the price of the holster regarded in this thread, would be hard to pass it up and give it a try for that price.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=261

Wow that sure sounds like a winner, looks very high quality. I am quite the fan of Comp-Tac, I have their paddle holster "awesome" and am very seriously looking at the Infidel Ultra. For the price of the holster regarded in this thread, would be hard to pass it up and give it a try for that price.

those look nice:bow:

I have the MTAC. What else is nice is that the Kydex bodies are interchangeable. New gun, just buy a new body not the whole sha-bang. That Infidel does look nice though.

No it is homemade. but the leather is very good quality. I had the guy make it while at the lima gun show today. Crossbreed uses a vacuum mold to make theirs more detailed. If i want it more detailed I can take it to them and they will form it more but its good enough that it holds my XD in the holster with an 18 round mag in place upside down.
I looked at all the more well known IWB holsters that i found on google. They looked good and functional, and the crossbreed is well made. But im about saving cash so i went with one that used a softer backed leather which is why you see the leather strands at the bottom. It isnt going to require much break in to get it to be comfortable. What really did it for me was when i had my wife to try and take my gun out of it from behind and from the side. My gun would bind a bit if she tried from either. It does force you to draw close to the body. It really did it for me when i flipped it upside down with a fully loaded 18 rnd mag and my gun didnt drop out. But when I draw it doesnt bind at all. So for me it works. And without the increased cost like other name brand holsters

Just to point that out in bold.

It is your money spend it how you want, but 55 bucks for that it a joke. The craftsmanship is not up to par with the price. Yes it has a warranty but how many time are you going to piss with waiting for another over heated, ill formed piece of kydex or for another section of unfinished leather. Before you just say screw it.

Also Old Faithful has many different types of leather to choose from.

*Edit that Infidel looks amazing!

Edited by 4DAIVI PAI2K5

i agree, it doesn't look great, but it's an iwb holster - retention and feel are what's important, no one (should) see it, James likes it, so...

next time i need one, i'm calling Parks Holsters, Inc... :D

My shit isn't that great which is why I only charge what I have in them plus a few bucks for the few hours I put into them. I said it time and time again if you want an outstanding kydex holster go with Raven.

If it is comfy and works good for a person, that is all the matters. I would be more concerned if the pistol was either too tight or too loose in the kydex, if neither is the case than that is a great price on comfort and a lifetime warranty. Myself.....I will be getting that Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra to compliment my Comp-Tac paddle holster.

I think there are much better crossbread knock offs out there that are built much better than that. I have been thinking about making my own crossbread style holster and getting some scrap leather from a local leather store and ordering everything else from knifeworks.com. If mine turned out looking like that I would be disappointed in myself. Not to say that that would not last forever and if it is or isn't comfortable it just doesn't look like a $50 holster. The quality isn't there. Mostly in the kydex, like parks said.