NHL Lockout over!

chevysoldier

I went to an OSU game not too long ago. Not as good as an NHL game, but it got wanting to watch again. I'm pissed it took so long but I guess it's better than no season at all?

Agreed. Glad it is a 10 year deal. With any luck that will mean that walking talking turd of Commissioner will be gone by then. It will be interesting to see the schedule and what the CBJ is going to do for us season ticket holders

Last couple years, if memory serves, the beginning of the seasons went well for us. Maybe a shorter season will be to our benefit? lol Hopefully we can get the club on track and they treat the fans well enough to get them back or even increase the fan base.

I am afraid to see what will happen to the TV contract after this. The last time, the moved from ESPN to Versus. This time they will probably get dropped down to QVC.

The NHL is safe on the NBC Sports Network. They are using it as a cornerstone to develop the brand along with F1.

The NHL coming to town fucked up a good thing.

Watching the Chill (ECHL) play at the fairgrounds was waaaaay better.

I couldn't agree more. As a season ticket holder to both, the Chill was a f'ing blast. Nationwide is too sterile of an environment, but 9 years of shitty hockey will do that.

I couldn't agree more. As a season ticket holder to both, the Chill was a f'ing blast. Nationwide is too sterile of an environment, but 9 years of shitty hockey will do that.

I hate the environment. The cheerleaders, the music, the people, etc. are not there because of a love of the game. They are there because its fun to do and the whole industry has shifted the focus from the love of playing the game to the commercial crap it is now. Hell, there's not even an organ at Nationwide. Not to mention our inattentive fans caused the nets to go up.

I love true hockey towns for their atmosphere. Seeing a game at the Joe or Gardens was great. Real rivalries, fights like Domi and Probert, and Roy and Osgood/Vernon... The intensity to the flying octopi is great. Those venues will always be great places to watch a game. (I hope. Haven't been to the Joe since mid 2000's)

The Chill had an atmosphere like that because it was cheap and only those of us that loved watching the game went. Watching the guys play their hearts out for the chance to move up was awesome too. Throwing beers at the refs was icing on the cake.

Long story short, keep your scoring and new rules. I want my 90's hockey back.

Edited by BDBGoalie