My monday....

gen3flygirl

Snot if you guys go come late January early February if you want to see whales. We have done a few 6 am sunrise whale watches that have been spectacular. We had two swim right under our boat and then breach right in front of us. The pacific whale foundation is a non profit group that guarantees whale sightings so I would suggest them. Pics and videos to come later.

Just make sure you get a big enough house so all your OR friends can come visit you. ;)

Of course. The road up to mount Haleakala is amazing and so is Hana. I want to get a dirt bike or super moto to ride it.

The problem with the drive up my Haleakala is there arnt a ton of gard rails and the mountain drops straight off the side of the road, one wrong turn and you're done for.

i would rather ride/drive up/down haleakala than ride road to hana. hana would be very fun in a light, sporty car, but fuck that on the bike, unless there were NO other cars on the road.

if you come across a Fedex Ford F250 (you heard me right) on hana, gtfo out of his way. i'm no slouch behind the wheel of a rented forester, but that guy was something else. i had to push it to keep up with him. finally, the screaming from the passenger seat (and the fact that I had promised to slow down on the way back to catch the scenery) made me stop, but that was fun/scary lol

i would rather ride/drive up/down haleakala than ride road to hana. hana would be very fun in a light, sporty car, but fuck that on the bike, unless there were NO other cars on the road.

Werd, those locals rail down that road. I got mildly nauseous on the tour bus on the way back . I think our guide had a hot date or something.

It would be fun on a bike, but way to unsettling not knowing if a local is going to come screaming round one of the blind corners and kill you.

Werd, those locals rail down that road. I got mildly nauseous on the tour bus on the way back . I think our guide had a hot date or something.

It would be fun on a bike, but way to unsettling not knowing if a local is going to come screaming round one of the blind corners and kill you.

well, that's the weird thing. i had a couple people who were clearly locals in semi-regular cars (older jetta, mid 2000's tacoma, a few others i'm forgetting) and they all pulled over for me, but then mr. fedex guy with giant brass balls in his F250 just came from behind and was clearly going to get right up my ass, so i pulled off immediately and started the chase. that was probably the most aggressively i've driven or ridden on public roads evar. also the most fun i had. and so much fear pee