Yes i know i know another jet question...

o-no-moto

Ok heres the set up i got a 95 fzr600. stock air box and had a gutted zx14 can. i have read that these bikes are lean from the factory so i removed the stock 107.5 main jets and went up to a 110. added a one needle shim and my stock idle blead screws were i believe turned all the way in so as a starting point i turned them 2 turns out. as everyone prob will tell me you way to fat on the bottom end yes it was. this thing was a turd off idle till about 8 grand then that b***h pulled harder than it did before. so after several trial and error's i removed the shim and the idle bleads are about 3/4 turned out.. i feel the mains are still a little to lean on a 85-90 deg day the bike would pull to about 125 then lay down. the last day i rode it it was about 45 deg and the bike struggled to get to 110. havent had a chance the read the plugs due to being in storage. this spring i will be installing a yosh slip on. also one of my questions is if all i am doing is a slip on is there really a need to shim the throttle needle. wouldnt the bigger main jet size already let a larger amount of fuel through. like i stated i would like a main jett starting point. if lets say 125 mains is where it will end up at i dont want to start out at 110. hell thats a lottttttt of on and offs.. any info will be taken thanks all.....sorry for the long post..

I would imagine the Yosh would restrict a bit more since you had that 14 pipe cut damn near in half AND hollowed it out right? Logic tells me the Yosh will probably fatten your mix with the added backpressure, but I'm far from carb saavy......Sam had this same bike and did quite a bit of work on it if I'm not mistaken. Pm CrazySkullCrusher, he's got know how on the FZR.....and there's other guys here that can chime in with REAL knowledge.

If it were me, I'd swap the silencers and run it to see where you're at. If its still fat down low, or worse than before the swap.....then make changes - but I'd wager you'll have some R&D work to do getting it jetted to your liking without a dyno and sniffer to help you dial it quicker

you might, if you want more mid-range :p

This.

You said it was rich at idle, sucks in the middle and picked back up @ 8k?

Start with the stock can and see if your mid range comes back. Having an empty muffler is the same as running no pipe leaning it out even more.

This, of course, is just an idea, but it only takes a minute to change and test. I can promise that it will run like shit with a gutted can.

If its a lean condition off idle to mid, swap to the yosh and run the bike. It would fatten the mix a bit, maybe not enough but more than the pipe you're running now. Then see where its falling or pulling, it may be just close enough to fine tune with the screws?

If its a lean condition off idle to mid, swap to the yosh and run the bike. It would fatten the mix a bit, maybe not enough but more than the pipe you're running now. Then see where its falling or pulling, it may be just close enough to fine tune with the screws?

This. Good starting point. May still need some jet though.

I miss my fzr.

Hanging before returning to idle means you need more fuel at the idle circuit, your bleeds are too lean. I ran stock airbox with k&n and stock header with yosh slip on with what I assume was stock jetting. I never jetted it, just dialed in the idle mix screws and called it a day. You need to get your main right beforeyou tune any other circuit in that carb and as with all down-draft mikunis, the float level is of major importance. I would put the 107.5 jets back in, do a full throttle plug read and see if you're in the butter zone there, then check float height, then do 3/4, 1/2 and 1/4 throttle plug chops and tune it in.

Pm me with any questions.