Fundy Bay

Anden

The best weather is in the Summer, but the entire Northern part of the East coast heads up there for vacation. Crowded, expensive, and speed traps. But still is fun.

Old post about bike trip planning to Nova Scotia through the North East.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=41904

Wow, can't believe it's been ten years since I wrote this.

As mentioned in that story, Acadia is beautiful but crowded. Further north than that, the crowds thin out. Nova Scotia and Newfoundland would offer better riding.

I go up to the Portland area every summer, to see family, but haven't been north of there in years. The Adirondacks, New Hampshire and Vermont offer better riding, in my opinion.

My brother lives in Maine. Like the person above stated Acadia is awesome. I believe it is the second most visited national park in the country. My dad rode up there 2 years ago. The weather didn't really cooperate with him but he said the scenary was pretty nice. My dad is also 64 y/o so he probably just did it to say he did. Lol

Been to Vermont and NH both a few times. Like stated, best time is early fall(leaves changing up there are amazing), or summer. It's expensive, if you're in a big city can be snoody, but overall an awesome place.

We were with locals all the time and the only issue we ever had was POS rental car the year we flew into VT, oh and the lady at the NH airport tried to give us a mini van. Uh just no.

But as a whole, I've done winter, summer, and fall up there and it's awesome about anytime. A lot of it depends what you wanna do. NH, around Franconia Notch, has a ton of trails, tram at the ski resort, and lots of fun out doors stuff. VT has the same around Killington, just not as many trails and state run parks as NH.

Oh and you can't drive in the left lane there, they have signs and write tickets. I love it.