If I were writing a new gun control bill...

Casper

No. The appellate process for a death sentence is more costly than life in prison. That is also a needed balance, because without it you run the risk of executing a innocent person.

Life in prison without the possibility of parole removes all hope of ever getting out. If the crime is really heinous, lock them in solitary for the whole time. They'll go crazy and kill themselves in a few months of never talking to other people or seeing the outside. Problem solved.

Or the airdrop into Afghan idea...

Should not be costly at all, and once again the number of actual innocent people in for life has got to be EXTREMELY small. I do agree with your airdrop into Afghan idea though. ;) Mixing petty criminals inside with the hardened criminals is an injustice in itself, they have no choice but to become violent and corrupt to survive while inside. I love the work camps idea as well, gets them out so they don't have so much pinned up anger and violence, and it helps provide some good manual labor service for us taxpayers. Of course I love this idea as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5gIFR9t7RQ

Edited by Pokey