The 2nd Ammendment Doesn't apply to modern technology.

Hwilli

The bill of rights was penned before radio, tv, film, the internet, photography etc... So by your logic the first amendment doesn't apply to them either.

This dude is super long winded, but try clicking on the first link, then skipping to 11:00.

A lot of people think that, but it's not necessarily accurate. Prior to the establishment of the military by the Continental Congress, militias were largely unorganized, poorly trained, and lacking in resources. Most did not have tools such as cannons or submarines (which, believe it or not, were used during the Revolutionary War). That doesn't mean that the guy isn't right, though, or that the founders didn't intend for private citizens to own the same types of weapons that the military had. For instance, machines guns were invented prior to the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, and the design was presented to the Congress, so they were clearly aware that they existed.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure why the second video imbedded and not the first. The first one has the meat of the matter.

SkullCrusher obviously didn't watch the videos and responded only based on the thread title. Shame on you.

That meat is rotten and nothing but typical circular logic that gets no one anywhere. As was pointed out before, no one is practicing free speech with a Gutenburg Printing press either yet we back and protect the 1st amendment.

You didn't watch the video either did you.

Either you're all lazy, or fucking stupid I'm not sure which.

No, didn't watch the vid. Not lazy or stupid. If I watched every video posted on ORDN I wouldn't have any time left for yo momma.

Way to make friends on a new forum, your member status is 'learning the ropes', you got some learning to do bud.

No, didn't watch the vid. Not lazy or stupid. If I watched every video posted on ORDN I wouldn't have any time left for yo momma.

Way to make friends on a new forum, your member status is 'learning the ropes', you got some learning to do bud.

You obviously don't realize who he is.

ought to look at Howie's join date 'fore calling him a newb...

...and you should watch the video before faulting his logic based upon the title of the unwatched video - although I won't fault you for not watching - i could only take about a minute before dozing off, but it's late.

jus' sayin'. :rolleyes:

For instance, machines guns were invented prior to the drafting of the 2nd Amendment, and the design was presented to the Congress, so they were clearly aware that they existed.

Huh, what? The Bill of Rights came into effect in 1791. The first true machine gun by any standard was the hand cranked Gatling gun. That wasn't invented until 1861.

Really hoping you just worded that wrong, otherwise you been fed some very poor information.

Huh, what? The Bill of Rights came into effect in 1791. The first true machine gun by any standard was the hand cranked Gatling gun. That wasn't invented until 1861.

Really hoping you just worded that wrong, otherwise you been fed some very poor information.

Was wondering about that myself but I'm too stupid and lazy to google it.

You obviously don't realize who he is.
ought to look at Howie's join date 'fore calling him a newb...

:popcorn:

Our founding fathers would have used any machine gun available to them to kill the tyrannical overlords. They would have made sure its citizens would have access to any weapon available to them to threaten an invading army or another tyrannical government and they did it's called the second amendment.

• Upvote 1

You didn't watch the video either did you.

Either you're all lazy, or fucking stupid I'm not sure which.

No I didn't watch the video, case of judging book by the (cover) "title". As for what he says', it is similar to what I said that the first amendment also didn't describe specifics about how freedom of speech would apply to technologies not yet developed. That doesn't mean the first amendment is void or invalid today.

I'll try to go back and see the next to tonight just to hear what else he says, I only hope he can form ideas a little faster and they aren't 14 min long also.;)