Acts of kindness....

slingingchic

It happened to me this morning :) As I sat in the Tim Horton's drive through I pull up for my order and the lady informs me the guy ahead of me paid for my breakfast. I don't know who he is other than a Piqua City worker from the sign on the jeep.

Today will either a good day or I will have a stalker to deal with :lol:

It's always nice to see one of these threads.There are definitely good people out there.I like to take pictures of seo roads when I'm out riding and several times people have stopped to make sure everything is o.k.

Something I like to do...if a see a guy in a restaurant wearing a WWII,Vietnam or any veteran hat,I'll point them out to the cashier and pay for their meal.

Edited by drc32-0

Many, just say, "OK" and the people think they are paying for the other people behind them, but the worker just never says anything so they can pocket the money. Yeah, you might do a great deed, but you never know if it goes legit. More trash than good out there; never forget it!

I try to do as much as I can. I have money taken directly from my check every week that goes to the united way, I've given gear to ORDN members who need it for the price of shipping, I've bought meals for vets in the past and recently I put $15 in a stranger's gas tank so he could make it home from where I found him. I also make it a point to hold doors for people and to always be kind and courteous to the miriad clerks, wait staff etc that I come into contact with day-to-day.

As an ex-scumbag I do what I can to be kind to my fellow man.

• Upvote 1

True story.... After our business closed in the early '90s, my dad took a job at small community college as a counselor and instructor. When he was diagnosed with cancer, he pulled me aside and gave me a small stack of checks to mail at specific intervals. A few students who needed help thought that they had received scholarships, but it was he who was paying for their school so they would finish. They still don't know to this day. A great man. Cancer takes the best of them.

• Upvote 2

My dad had such a event last year before thanksgiving....... He started tell us the story and then lost it..... Mom had to finish the story.

They were at krogers getn a few groceries.... When they where checking out a young man behind them spoke up and paid for them. When dad turned and ask why he just replied "noticed your hat and thank you for your service." Dad always where his korean veteran hat.........

• Upvote 1

In today's world there is a lot of negativity out there. These stories remind me there are good people and I'm among them.

Hopefully the crooks pocketing the money with these instances stop their ways but as the saying what goes around comes around. Or just use your card :) Karma has it's way with everyone.

everytime i go to the grocery store, or super walmart and i see people paying with food stamps that have kids with them, i buy their groceries. my wife and i were there before and we actually needed the help, we werent using the system. so i try and help people when i can. my father always raised me to hold doors, and say my please and thank you. i honestly get shocked when i hear people being surprised by a simple thank you response. thats a shame.

• Upvote 1

Just remember money is not the only way to show an act of kindness, although there's nothing wrong with helping someone financially. Invest your time instead of money, and it will make you and the other person or persons feel better. Hold that door open, offer to get the item from the top shelf, take out your elderly neighbors trash, or mow their grass, etc, etc.........

• Upvote 1

"everytime i go to the grocery store, or super walmart and i see people paying with food stamps that have kids with them, i buy their groceries."

You're already paying for their groceries. I'm amazed at how many people can't even say "Thank you" anymore.

While in college, I worked at Kroger for four days as a bag boy. I quit because of the abuse of food stamps and the entitlement mentality of the people using them. I understand that choosing it as a lifestyle is far different than using it as a last resort.

I actually applaud you for your ability to do what you do. I can't see the light through my veil of jadedness.

• Upvote 1

"everytime i go to the grocery store, or super walmart and i see people paying with food stamps that have kids with them, i buy their groceries."

You're already paying for their groceries. I'm amazed at how many people can't even say "Thank you" anymore.

While in college, I worked at Kroger for four days as a bag boy. I quit because of the abuse of food stamps and the entitlement mentality of the people using them. I understand that choosing it as a lifestyle is far different than using it as a last resort.

I actually applaud you for your ability to do what you do. I can't see the light through my veil of jadedness.

Hey glass half empty guy....why don't you go out and do an act of kindness instead of being a buzz kill on one of the few positve threads.There are plenty of threads you would be right at home with your bitterness.

• Upvote 2

Just remember money is not the only way to show an act of kindness, although there's nothing wrong with helping someone financially. Invest your time instead of money, and it will make you and the other person or persons feel better. Hold that door open, offer to get the item from the top shelf, take out your elderly neighbors trash, or mow their grass, etc, etc.........

I agree.....being nice is contagious :)