Johnstown - Clerk Chases Off Robber With Gun, Loses Job For Having Weapon

chevysoldier

It's usually a insurance thing, my wife worked for a drive through when she was in school and the owner told her it was against store policy because of insurance reasons. So he didn't care if she carried (off the record) but if someone else found out and he was backed against the wall he would have to let her go.

It's usually a insurance thing, my wife worked for a drive through when she was in school and the owner told her it was against store policy because of insurance reasons. So he didn't care if she carried (off the record) but if someone else found out and he was backed against the wall he would have to let her go.

I call BS. Might be true, but I call BS. Insurance companies don't negate the constitution.

We need a boycott thread.

So far:

Autozone

Duke and Dutchess

Edited by Gump

I call BS. Might be true, but I call BS. Insurance companies don't negate the constitution.

We need a boycott thread.

So far:

Autozone

Duke and Dutchess

Insurance companies don't negate the constitution, but they do have standards that they require of those they insure. If their clients don't follow those standards, they get dropped.

Also, Ohio is a right-to-work state. That means whatever policies the company puts forth, the worker follows them or can be fired for no other reason other than that.

Not that I agree with those policies, but I do expect this exact reaction. I carried at my store I worked at prior to the service and I knew if I had to draw the weapon I was getting fired. If they don't fire him, they might as well remove the no firearms at work policy, and then they get their insurance dropped and/or their owner gets his panties in a wad because there are guns in his store.

Insurance companies don't negate the constitution, but they do have standards that they require of those they insure. If their clients don't follow those standards, they get dropped.

Also, Ohio is a right-to-work state. That means whatever policies the company puts forth, the worker follows them or can be fired for no other reason other than that.

Not that I agree with those policies, but I do expect this exact reaction. I carried at my store I worked at prior to the service and I knew if I had to draw the weapon I was getting fired. If they don't fire him, they might as well remove the no firearms at work policy, and then they get their insurance dropped and/or their owner gets his panties in a wad because there are guns in his store.

Nope.....OHIO is an "at will" state, which means your employer can fire you at will or you can quit at will.

"At will" and employers don't need a reason or need to give a reason. You do however need a reason for the unemployment office as an employer, to deny unemployment benefits to the employee you fired.

Edited by Gump