Ban going nowhere

JaronsToy

Hold up - a victim's mother just argued that the gun is not the problem... Hmmm.... "I see guns like sports cars, in the hands of a trained expert they are safe, in the hands of a mentally disturbed or reckless person it is a death machine."

They are really pushing the "If it saves just one life" thing - without considering the lives that will be lost when future victims are disarmed.

That premise is false on it's face and you know it. I hoped for better from you.

They are really pushing the "If it saves just one life" thing - without considering the lives that will be lost when future victims are disarmed.
That premise is false on it's face and you know it. I hoped for better from you.

The "If it saves just one life" arguement is a dishonest attempt to tug at heart strings after a disaster. It's an emotional arguement that frankly contradicts the constitution. It's dishonest because it's attempting to use a national tragedy to gain a political advantage.

If the true intent is to "save just one life" they should be just as driven to outlaw swimming pools, motorcycles, and fire.

There does seem to be a new salvo of anti-gun media this week. I suppose its a good idea to write smaller branches of the government and target CEO's leading the apparently anti-gun businesses. And this gun show loop hole garbage, why don't they just say they're after registration because that's the only fucking way they could enforce background checks for private sales.

Edited by Gump

What is false? Are you saying that no lives are ever saved by armed victims?

I mean that the premise of this argument:

without considering the lives that will be lost when future victims are disarmed

is false on its face and a massive hyperbole. No one in the Congress has, at any time in this recent debate, introduced legislation that would remove lawfully purchased guns from homes. Furthermore, handguns are still allowed under even the Feinstein circulated version of the AWB, so "future victims" as you put it continue to have a legal avenue to obtain and carry personal defense firearms. Magazine limits and "scary assault-y features" aside, if you want a gun for home defense, personal defense, or just something to snuggle up to at night while watching Red Dawn, there are still plenty of quick, easy, and legal avenues to obtain one.

What does that even mean? You don't know me.

That means that I am a little disappointed that you would resort to such hyperbole in order to make your argument. I always knew, that I could at least have a elevated level of civil discourse with you.

is false on its face and a massive hyperbole. No one in the Congress has, at any time in this recent debate, introduced legislation that would remove lawfully purchased guns from homes.

"Introduced legislation" is key here. They WERE working on a mandatory buyback in late december. They saw the massive uproar and shut that crap down sharpish. http://washingtonexaminer.com/sen.-feinstein-suggests-national-buyback-of-guns/article/2516648

And if you think they're gonna stop at the AWB then you're naive. If you think that Feinstein and her ilk are not gunning for confiscation then you're deluding yourself. http://www.therightscoop.com/dianne-feinstein-in-1995-i-would-have-confiscated-guns-if-i-could-have-gotten-the-votes/

Cheech and who?

That would be you; you're the only other anti in this thread. I'm not real sure about Cheech he can making a point no one else gets but you certainly are one of the worst anti gun people on this site. I understand your confusion because you aren’t from around here so I can't hate you for it.

That would be you; you're the only other anti in this thread. I'm not real sure about Cheech he can making a point no one else gets but you certainly are one of the worst anti gun people on this site. I understand your confusion because you aren’t from around here so I can't hate you for it.

Incidentally, I didn't see you at the Guns Across America Rally.

As long as the msm keeps focusing on gun related incidents, and seeing now that the Brady bill bunch are starting to broadcast each and every one of them nationwide, this 'ban' bs is going to continue gaining momentum and could very well result in crap that responsible gun owners are going to be forced into swallowing. Might even end up being such a tightening of restrictions that only a very select few of us retain our guns, large or small, auto's or not, if any of us do.

I can post meaningless statements that have nothing to prove bias.

I missed seeing you at boot camp.

Your turn.

So you think that me open-carrying at a pro-gun rally does nothing to prove where my bias is?

Of course your boot camp comment reminds me of my first time on exercise at Leek in the UK. Five of us were getting ready to go on a fighting patrol when we were attacked by another squad. We all dropped to the floor and returned fire. The guy to my left, for whatever reason, wound up with the muzzle of his rifle about 1' from my ear. When he fired that first shot I swear it felt like he jammed a freakin' bayonet in my ear. I also remember my first rifle handing test. The Colour Sergeant had trained a small group of us and we were being tested by Lieutenant Banner. One by one, everyone failed on stupid crap like finger-on-trigger or not putting the safety on. I don't know if Banner had it out for me, or the Colour, but he ran me through the test elements several times, loading, unloading, field stripping, NSPs and the like. Finally he passed me, but the way he said it made it sound like he hated having to pass me. He never liked me after I got in a fight in the back of a tonner.

I do think you have good intentions but have been retarded by your origins and possibly will never get the independent loving origins of our culture. You have the mindset that we have existing laws that are good and are hell bent to make up additional laws to help take away more rights. I understand that you have been brainwashed by your rulers into believing that rulers are the answer but we have already given them our answer to being ruled. I can't blame you for lacking the ability to break the chains that bind you much like the leftist brought up in our largest metropolitan areas their culture won't allow them to make a full intellectual escape past their emotionally shackled upbringing. You have made an attempt for which I commend you but I still see you as the enemy from within.

- I'm the enemy who demonstrates in support of 2a rights at pro-gun events

- I'm the enemy that gives speeches in support of expanded ccw rights to the criminal justice committee at the Ohio Statehouse.

- I'm the enemy who is a member of OhioCCW and the NRA

With enemies like me, who needs friends?

Feinstein has also freely admitted that AWB has a principle of total handgun ban at it's core.

Feinstein has also freely admitted that the current AWB will be aimed at becoming an amendment to some other house or senate bill, in the same manner as the 1994 AWB.

Both senate and house AWB bills have not released the text of the document. I'm beginning to wonder when and if ever.

Feinstein has also freely admitted that AWB has a principle of total handgun ban at it's core.

Feinstein has also freely admitted that the current AWB will be aimed at becoming an amendment to some other house or senate bill, in the same manner as the 1994 AWB.

Both senate and house AWB bills have not released the text of the document. I'm beginning to wonder when and if ever.

The AWB also covers handguns. Have they said what a 'military feature' is on a handgun?