Ban going nowhere

JaronsToy

There it is:

The term `detachable magazine' means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed from a firearm without disassembly of the firearm action.

How do we get around that? Is that even a valid standard? Are there any fixed magazines that be removed without disassembly of the action?

Also:

(42) The term `forward grip' means a grip located forward of the trigger that functions as a pistol grip.

(46) The term `pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

So we cannot have any characteristic that functions as a grip in front of the trigger. The magazine of almost any rifle can functions as a grip...

He's shooting trap, not skeet. Trap is single shot, skeet is double. Or someone set up his shotgun incorrectly. The gun appears to be a Browning O/U, but if you look at the front of the gun, the top barrel has an extended choke tube and the bottom has nothing. I doubt you'd have an extended on top and a regular style on the bottom. Plus, at least from the angle, I don't see a skeet house.

He's close. He's got his cheek buried on there pretty good though. It's either he's never shot before, or the comb on the shotgun is properly adjusted. I've got an adjustable comb on my over and unders, but they feel pretty spot on with little adjustment. His front hand doesn't seem to be positioned correctly, and his complete sideways stance isn't the best for being able to turn side to side when you get doubles with skeet.

Like this on my Browning 625 Sporting - the gold rings on the front are the extended choke tubes

IMG_0903.jpg

Article said skeet. :dunno: Should it be ported that far back? The smoke seems back a good way.

There it is:

How do we get around that? Is that even a valid standard? Are there any fixed magazines that be removed without disassembly of the action?

Also:

So we cannot have any characteristic that functions as a grip in front of the trigger. The magazine of almost any rifle can functions as a grip...

:dunno: guns are bad M'Kay

Edited by crb

I wouldn't read a lot into that.

A standard definition of "grip" is "a part, such as a handle, that is designed to be grasped and held". A magazine isn't primarily designed for that. Although somewhere someone will make that case anyway.

Worry more about not being allowed to have a pistol grip at all.

While cruising armslist (a new addiction of mine), I've found that nearly every one if my gun (I only have one or so) is pre-ban causing them to quadruple in price. Thanks Barry!

I also have a pre-apocalypse Sacajawea dollar that I'd sell for $5.

• Upvote 1

While cruising armslist (a new addiction of mine), I've found that nearly every one if my gun (I only have one or so) is pre-ban causing them to quadruple in price. Thanks Barry!

Love teasing yourself huh? :D

The prices on Armslist make me sick. Sig M400 in OD green walmart for 840 3 months ago. 1600.. FTFY:nono:

I found this quote on another site earlier and thought it might ring true here, too.

Participating in a gun buyback is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.

There can be no compromise between freedom and government controls; to accept “just a few controls” is to surrender the principle of inalienable individual rights and to substitute for it the principle of the government’s unlimited, arbitrary power, thus delivering oneself into gradual enslavement. Ayn Rand

• Upvote 1