licking county residents, read this

chevysoldier

For those in Licking county, especially around the Johnstown area be advised of a high number of home break-ins. Sometimes three a day. Make sure you keep all doors and windows locked even when you are home. Valuables and firearms should be kept locked up and/or hidden. Also keep in mind the response time for the sheriff isn't as quick as if you lived in town, 10 minutes is an extremely long time. Do what you can to stay safe and pass this info on to your neighbors.

Edit:

So far in January, LCSO has responded to 22 burglaries and 9 B&E's.

Edited by chevysoldier

They've hit several people near the Fredonia area where I live. Smash & grab shit, petty stuff, but they're very bold hitting rural houses. The MO is to drive van or truck to the house, knock, and if no one answers break in and steal shit. Several people have reported a white van and maroon truck, two guys in it and one comes to the door. When people have answered, they've asked to hunt the property or other benign shit like that.

We're on high alert and the wife keeps the gun at the ready when she's home during the day and I'm not.

They've hit several people near the Fredonia area where I live. Smash & grab shit, petty stuff, but they're very bold hitting rural houses. The MO is to drive van or truck to the house, knock, and if no one answers break in and steal shit. Several people have reported a white van and maroon truck, two guys in it and one comes to the door. When people have answered, they've asked to hunt the property or other benign shit like that.

We're on high alert and the wife keeps the gun at the ready when she's home during the day and I'm not.

Bingo.