Subaru price check

Hoblick

My suggestion...I'd never own a turbo Subaru that is out of warranty unless i had the funds in hand to replace the engine.

Other than that (and the glass five speed transmission), there are excellent cars.

Hoblick, i have a very good friend that is a wizard with Subarus...if you'd like the car looked over (and I'd highly recommend you do this), I'll PM you his info if you're interested.

this car would not be modded. if it was it would get an intake and tune and that would be the end of it. i just want something a little more fun to drive. i like my sonata, great car. but i want more of a drivers car. the sonata handles like poo, and the steering is numb.

Forget the intake.

Down pipe, clamp the intercooler plastic end caps, and a professional tune.

That right there will take you over 300hp in the 2009 WRX...then spend some money replacing the gum soft rubber bushings, especially in the rear subframe area.

And, i stress, at the very, very least, get a compression check and a leak down test.

It could potentially save you thousands.

With that mileage I'd say you're fine. They got a bad batch of crank bearings which caused engine failures generally with very low mileage. I bought mine new last spring 2011 Limited Sedan. The car has been flawless thus far (28,000 miles). It has a aftermarket exhaust intake and tuner. I've put about 30 passes on it at Norwalk with a best of 13.1 at 108MPH. It is unreal in the snow!! I've got Bliztac's on it right now..I like it so much that I've already got a deposit on the next generation WRX due in 2014..Only downsides for me are the gas mileage (24 average) and the summer only tires which need to be switched out for winter.

74144101524267564455436.jpg

Edited by Kritz

It is unreal in the snow!! I've got Bliztac's on it right now..

I'm on my 2nd Outback Wagon and I'll be looking for another after this one. I am considered essential personnel and my arrival is critical regardless of the weather. There has been no road condition that has held me back. Remember the blizzard in March a few years ago? A Subaru laughs at snow. I usually can't tell the road is slippery with the grip my car gets.

I have Nokian WR G2 winter tyres.

wrg2_car_lg.jpg

You won't have any problem in the winter with these on a Subaru. I just wish I could also have a WRX STI for the fun factor.

I'm on my 2nd Outback Wagon and I'll be looking for another after this one. I am considered essential personnel and my arrival is critical regardless of the weather. There has been no road condition that has held me back. Remember the blizzard in March a few years ago? A Subaru laughs at snow. I usually can't tell the road is slippery with the grip my car gets.

I have Nokian WR G2 winter tyres.

wrg2_car_lg.jpg

You won't have any problem in the winter with these on a Subaru. I just wish I could also have a WRX STI for the fun factor.

The wife's sti is rediculous in the snow.

Next year I may go with full snow tires on the cayenne if I can find some in 22"