need some insight from the race guys.

cOoTeR

I'm planning a trip to the moto gp in Austin Texas at The Circuit of the Americas. I'm debating on where to get the tickets. I'm leaning towards turns1 and turns15 over the main grand stands. Looking at the map of the track turn 15 grandstand is at the end of the straight and to me looks like the place where the action/passes will be. My question is will this be the best spot to watch this race from? The turns seem very technical and I dont know how aggressive the riders will be in this area. Also the tickets higher up are more expensive I dont know how good of a view it will be from 25 rows back but I'm assuming higher is better based on price. Which do you think will be the best bang for the buck?

Here is a link to the site so you can look at it.

https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/cota/EN/buy/details/13MOTOGP

is higher shaded? In Texas, I'd guess that fetches a premium price.

Any hard braking zone will provide potential for passing, but if you're looking down the straight, you will lose some perspective for the speed. It's much easier to see what 200mph looks like when it's crossing in front of you than it is when it's coming straight at you.

looking at the track map, T12 will be the hardest braking zone, and turn 8/9 would be a fun section to watch them flip-flop through. Hard to say much more without knowing the elevation changes. I seem to recall one of the braking zones at COTA being up-hill, which means they will be hauling ass prior.

They'll definitely hit 200mph coming into 12...

One of my coworkers was there for F1 and said that anyplace in the 12~15 area was great, and that general admission tickets still allowed for a good viewing.

T1 is the corner with the most elevation gain and was really fun to watch during F1 (at least on TV). MotoGP should be even better.

146-1107-01-z+new-circuit+track-layout.jpg

Thanks guys. I think the only shaded area is in the main grandstand and those tickets are higher. I think I'll go with T-15 tickets. I wonder if I'll be able to get down to the general admission area near T-12? That looks like the best area for watching them break from top speed to corner speed.

Hailwood's map with elevation is definitely worth looking at. T1 is the big up-hill I was thinking of.

I still really like the look of 8-10 though, with the switch-backs the track pulls, and the rise in T10.

Otherwise, the end of the back straight looks like lots of passing, and you can probably see the section of track right after that doubles-back on itself.