Pending Trailer Purchase... Need info for what to look for.

jdonn

I found a trailer on CL for 200 bucks... It's a 4 x 9 with lights and needs a 2" ball. Pic below... What are some things I should be looking for?!

vehaqusy.jpg

He says it would easily hold my GSXR and definitely make the trip to the GAP.

Thought?!

Thanks!

I'd look at the condition of the tires (wear and dry rotted/cracked), condition of the wiring (cracked, chaffed, frayed, etc.) and how strong the tie-down points are, if it has any.

Judging by the tire and wheel combo, it should be able to haul the weight of your Gsxr with no problem but it may need a wheel chock of some sort.

Later, Doug

Thanks guys... What am I going to do to look at the bearing? I'm sorry but I'm a noob with these types of things... Thanks!!

Interwebz say jack up, spin, listen for sounds... Is that about right?!

Edited by jdonn

You really think so?! I'm looking for ease and security for the bike...

yeah, i bought the heavy duty trailer from HF and i got like $350 in the whole thing. thats with a 3/4" plywood deck, some extra steel i bought to add to it for tie down points for 2 bikes, spare tire carrier, carriage bolts for the plywood, etc.

you can get the model down from what i have, and with the coupon in the motorcycle mags can get it for $250 or less.