Lock pick and cuff keys

4DAIVI PAI2K5

I have some jigglers...I understood it you need a reason such as ur a bona fide locksmith, lock distributor, repossesor, car dealer, bunch of other crap. I justified my purchase as a in house locksmith, meaning its used for a business.

Cuff keys??? If you use for work why not. You must be into S&M and sell the videos.

possession of criminal tools - illegal?

IANAL, justa guess.

Bingo, just like a slim jim. I have heard you can get away with the credit card ones that are breakout since they are not technically tools until disassembled but I personally wouldn't try it since most cops don't even know you can carry a gun let alone subtleties like picks.

Easy cuff key: pull the metal pocket clip thingy off of a pen cap and straighten it out real good. Stick it up between the rack and pawl of the cuffs, it pushes the pawl up out of the rack and bingo, cuff opens. Practice on your kinky ass grandma's cuffs before attempting in the back of a cruiser.

• Upvote 1

They are legal to possess until they are used in the commission of a crime. Anything can be charged as 'possession of criminal tools' once they are used to help facilitate the event.

Ex.- a rock used to break out a window during a burglary / a plastic baggie when used to carry crack / a large purse used to help shop lifting an item etc..

They are legal to possess until they are used in the commission of a crime. Anything can be charged as 'possession of criminal tools' once they are used to help facilitate the event.

Ex.- a rock used to break out a window during a burglary / a plastic baggie when used to carry crack / a large purse used to help shop lifting an item etc..

Technically yes, you are correct as Ohio law is slightly ambiguous. Burglary tools are defined by prima-facie evidence of things that have a high tendency for criminal use. So a rock would not constitute that, but lock picking tools would. It is a case where you are presumed guilty until proven innocent and it is better to err of the cautious side. Therefore it can be interpreted by an officer that it is illegal to possess and you would have to go to court to overturn that. I cannot recommend walking around with them unless you had a reason and better yet, apart of an organization like TOOOL.

Technically yes, you are correct as Ohio law is slightly ambiguous. Burglary tools are defined by prima-facie evidence of things that have a high tendency for criminal use. So a rock would not constitute that, but lock picking tools would. It is a case where you are presumed guilty until proven innocent and it is better to err of the cautious side. Therefore it can be interpreted by an officer that it is illegal to possess and you would have to go to court to overturn that. I cannot recommend walking around with them unless you had a reason and better yet, apart of an organization like TOOOL.

ok

Easy cuff key: pull the metal pocket clip thingy off of a pen cap and straighten it out real good. Stick it up between the rack and pawl of the cuffs, it pushes the pawl up out of the rack and bingo, cuff opens. Practice on your kinky ass grandma's cuffs before attempting in the back of a cruiser.

Unless they are double locked.

:wtf: I did not know this, I have carried a handcuff key on my key ring for a long time, given to me by my Dad...I used to steel his cuffs all the time while he was sleeping then I would not be able to get them unlocked and back on his duty belt before he went into work. Locked my brother up a few times as well. Ahh the good old childhood days :)