Dollar Shave Club, Anyone?

madcat6183

So 99.7 plays this ad daily like all day and I finally pulled up their website. Anyone use them? Basically you get razors shipped free, a free handle(not sure if they interchange with any store bought ones), for a price.

There are 3 options, 2 blade, 4 blade, and 6 blade, varying prices, etc. But when I looked, it was substantially cheaper than Kroger, Costco, Wally, everything. The 6 blade is 9.00 a month but that's 3 blades per month too, the 4 blade was 4 razors a month at 6.00, and those included shipping.

I don't shave daily, and would never go through this many razor blades I don't think but I mean, just save up for a year or 2 and cancel, then be set for like another year, etc.

Anyone ever try this? https://www.dollarshaveclub.com/

I believe someone posted about that on here before IIRC. I shave maybe once a week an go to the local barber once a month for a professional shave. I mainly just use some hair clippers with no guard.

No razor can handle my epic 'till riding season' beard. When the time comes I will have to go to a machine shop and get it trimmed on the band saw, then have them mill the rest down.

apparently i have a man crush on you and rep you too much. but this is epic. :bow:

Well, gee, the video is politically incorrect enough and hilarious to seriously consider sending them one dollar a month for some blades.....if I bothered to shave regularly and I don't in the winter time.

Edited by baptizo

Well, gee, the video is politically incorrect enough and hilarious to seriously consider sending them one Benjamin a month for some blades.....if I bothered to shave regularly and I don't in the winter time.

You do realize what denomination mr Franklin is on right.

• 5 months later...

Update; I decided to give it a try, mainly because when I was on paternity leave I was bored out of my mind and looking to change some things up.  So I did.  I had been shaving with my rotary Norelco, it was a 2D nice setup, but I just could not get a good enough shave to make me happy with it.  I may use it again once Luke gets a little older and I am not holding and rocking him, but who knows.

Went with the top model 6 blades, and just used it on a 2 day growth and definitely feel it cut as well if not better than anything I've used before.

For the record the only thing I can tell that has come close is the Gillette Fusion, but blades even at Costco were like 3.45 a piece, and I don't think I would get anymore shave time out of them than with the DSC.

Also they sent a free sample of their "Shave Butter", holy cow this stuff is legit and for like 8.00 whenever I want it shipped, I think I will pick a tube of that up too.

FWIW I joined Wednesday or Thursday(I think Thursday) and got everything today.  The quality is super high, handle weighs a good amount and blades really look good.  Plus it has the single trimming blade which the Schick Hydro didn't.  

Will report after a few weeks/months, but so far I think for 9.00 a month I will save money and time.  

That is what I was using, and I think I am going to get the wife on it too as she uses the Venus or whatever and blades are way more than the 6.00 or whatever the 3 blade option is.  Plus shes leaves the blades on forever and I figure this will give her incentive to swap them.

But for real, today 12 hrs later, face is smooth as can be, and really thinking this was a smart move.  Plus I usually bought my blades at Costco as they were way cheaper, but then I had to drive 20 minutes+ unless I remembered I needed them when I was at work 2 minutes away.  THat was rare and usually I had to make a special trip.

I am just curious about this Shave butter stuff, really liked the feeling it gave my face and wondering if it helped the shave out.  Going to use it until the free sample is gone, then may order it too.