Spring is coming, let's talk new outdoor grills.

madcat6183

If I remain stationed in OH, I will pull the trigger on a Weber S-310 in a few weeks. Way more than I want to spend, but read only "excellent" reviews.

http://www.weber.com/explore/grills/genesis-series/genesis-s-310

s310.png

That's the one I have and I couldn't be happier with it after 8 months. My parents have had theirs for 10 years now and it's still as nice as the day they bought it and its used a 4-5 nights a week from spring to fall and once a week in the winter. Mine gets used the same in nice weather and a little more in the winter

Sorry' date=' but $1000 is retarded money to spend on a grill. If that wood pellet dohicky costs more than $300, it's staying in the store and I'll just keep my $99, 10 year old grill designed for the rest of us petty bourgeoisie.[/quote']

I will gladly spend that kind of loot on a high end grill, and just because something cheap makes flames and creates heat, doesn't mean it cooks well or efficiently. ;)

Sorry' date=' but $1000 is retarded money to spend on a grill. If that wood pellet dohicky costs more than $300, it's staying in the store and I'll just keep my $99, 10 year old grill designed for the rest of us petty bourgeoisie.[/quote']

I used to think the same thing however once I've been able to use the higher end grills the difference for me is absolutely worth it. Then again I also use my grill as primary meat cooking appliance year round

I got the grill from lowes for 600 and they do go on sale from time to time

AS Far as overall size the grill is a monster but it doesn't hold a ton on each side, if you burn both sides at once its much bigger than a normal grill, if your planning on just doing gas you can get larger gas only grills. I have put six or eight burgers on each side before. I like the option of bring able to do gas or charcoal more than anything. When I'm in a hurry i throw the food on the gas side or when i want a damn good burger and have time to hang out i use the charcoal

http://m.lowes.com/product?langId=-1&storeId=10702&catalogId=10051&productId=3583544&store=0003&view=specs

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to hear :) I was curious for the "fast" cook as week nights I normally don't get time to cook on charcol when I had it, and would just use my propane instead but had 2 grills then. I want to move to 1.

Thinking this is the route to go.

If you are a serious grill user, grilling several times a week, then I can see getting a premium grill that will last, has the space needed and can cook with consistent temperatures that you need.

However Im not that user so my basic grill will have to do. I did a little better one with cast burners and ceramic coated grills to improve longevity, but nothing like some of these discussed here.

However they intrigue me. Especially the idea of actually cooking with wood in a more controlled manner.

Im guessing that the Traeger wont be the longest lasting grill. The pellet and ignition system are considerably more complicated than propane grills. Motors and moving parts in a system like this are prone to problems, long term.

Craig

So' date=' an open flame isn't good enough? You need a grill that cooks for you to prepare dead animal? You're not much of a man, are you? :dunno:[/quote']

I am all man and I have mad cooking and grilling skills. :cool: Heat regulation, efficiency, taste, quality of materials "especially the burners" makes all the difference. The Traeger units honestly can't be compared to anything else, because they are unique. Charcoal and wood is my favorite way to grill/smoke so the Traeger really has my attention. Sometimes you need to pay the price or buy it twice, I will gladly pay the price.

If you are a serious grill user, grilling several times a week, then I can see getting a premium grill that will last, has the space needed and can cook with consistent temperatures that you need.

However Im not that user so my basic grill will have to do. I did a little better one with cast burners and ceramic coated grills to improve longevity, but nothing like some of these discussed here.

However they intrigue me. Especially the idea of actually cooking with wood in a more controlled manner.

Im guessing that the Traeger wont be the longest lasting grill. The pellet and ignition system are considerably more complicated than propane grills. Motors and moving parts in a system like this are prone to problems, long term.

Craig

From things I read they are very much dependable and long lasting for the ignition and moving parts, and of course I have Roush Hardware just down the road if I need anything Traeger related.