Riders Discount 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R AMA Daytona Sportbike Build

RidersDiscount

The motors are out and on their way to Hanshaw Racing Engines

2013_triumph_675r_motors_stock-1.jpg

This is a good shot showing a few of the many changes on the new motor. The heat exchanger has been completely redesigned, and you can also see the separate cylinders from upper case half.

2013_triumph_675r_motors_stock-2.jpg

can you fill us in to cause of the dnf at daytona

the forum is to share exp and info and they certainly post up alot of info with their builds and promoting all the positives of triumph and aftermarket parts but dont share any negatives . most learn by experience wether it is from others or first hand.

reality is that things do break and it would be nice to share from both sides of the fence.

if a part failed once it will also happen to others , sooner or later.

seems as though it would help others down the road who spend their money with different suppliers / manufacturers , and possibly save another a problem that could have been caught before it became an issue for the next guy.

it's not all roses

the forum is to share exp and info and they certainly post up alot of info with their builds and promoting all the positives of triumph and aftermarket parts but dont share any negatives . most learn by experience wether it is from others or first hand.

reality is that things do break and it would be nice to share from both sides of the fence.

if a part failed once it will also happen to others , sooner or later.

seems as though it would help others down the road who spend their money with different suppliers / manufacturers , and possibly save another a problem that could have been caught before it became an issue for the next guy.

it's not all roses

I can agree that one of the functions of a forum is to share experience and knowledge to the benefit for all, or for as many as it can help. And while RD does show a good bit of the build stuff going on, sharing what is happening in specifics with a race component failure would most likely be a conflict of interest in sponsorship. At the very least, it would be bad form and unprofessional to do so. Had this been one of us bench guys - a guy like TRMN8TR being the perfect Triumph example - then I am sure we would have certainly shared. But given the variables of an AMA race-spec machine in a race rather unique to even the AMA schedule as Daytona, and the failure might likely be something that falls within that goofy 1% of shit that happens when racing at that level. We do the best we canto help eachother out here with as much as we can. But I wouldn't consider RD not sharing details of their problem in the 200 anything more than their own business. Just my $.02.

• Upvote 2

No worries. I know that when we do have questions you guys can answer, typically do. Just stop breaking shit, finish races, and tell Joey to get a freaking haircut! :D Elena Myers is jealous of his do.

I can agree that one of the functions of a forum is to share experience and knowledge to the benefit for all, or for as many as it can help. And while RD does show a good bit of the build stuff going on, sharing what is happening in specifics with a race component failure would most likely be a conflict of interest in sponsorship. At the very least, it would be bad form and unprofessional to do so. Had this been one of us bench guys - a guy like TRMN8TR being the perfect Triumph example - then I am sure we would have certainly shared. But given the variables of an AMA race-spec machine in a race rather unique to even the AMA schedule as Daytona, and the failure might likely be something that falls within that goofy 1% of shit that happens when racing at that level. We do the best we canto help eachother out here with as much as we can. But I wouldn't consider RD not sharing details of their problem in the 200 anything more than their own business. Just my $.02.

Not only that, but racing is expensive, and the lessons learned in that environment are often guarded pretty closely, especially if they could benefit a potential competitor.

Not only that, but racing is expensive, and the lessons learned in that environment are often guarded pretty closely, especially if they could benefit a potential competitor.

You hit the nail on the head. Looks like our fellow AMA competitor "livinthedream" might have been looking for some info as well.

Please tell me that's JRP. Please. Please?

Anyway, baller ass thread, Nathan. Wish I could "bauce" these posts!

:D

Dude, the photographer you guys use is amazing. The lighting, detail and everything. Really nice stuff.

I also saw a sneak peek of the race colors somewhere and they are really cool.

Thanks! He does some pretty awesome work for sure.

Yea our bike should be one of the best looking bikes on the grid! Andrew Swenson always produces great work.

• 1 month later...

The motors have arrived and things are getting back underway here at the shop. Two of the bikes have their motors back in, but the first is a little further along.

2013_triumph_675r_build-2.jpg

The front end is coming together, with the Attack Triple Clamps, OEM forks with K-Tech internals, Scotts steering stabilizer and Renthal clip-ons in place.

2013_triumph_675r_build-5.jpg

A Motion Pro quick turn throttle kit is going on as we speak as well.

2013_triumph_675r_build-6.jpg

At the rear, the K-Tech shock has been installed.

2013_triumph_675r_build-3.jpg

2013_triumph_675r_build-4.jpg

The second bike isn’t there yet, but it will be following shortly.

2013_triumph_675r_build-1.jpg