Please Help!!

Kmanlyst

Went to go for a ride today started the bike and everything was fine then the bike dies so I went to start it again and it started ran to 2k rpm then died and continued to do this. I can get it to start but will not go past 2k. I have no garage to take it apart and look and even if I did I have no clue where to begin.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not familiar with the bike, but is the tank vent kinked? Is there an idle screw you could have bumped?

It does have and idle adjustment knob but it is set in behind the left fairing hard to bump and I have never messed with it.

Flooded? I know (and this is completely different, I realize that) our small displacement Nissans had trouble flooding, especially when the temperature was cold. I hate to take the wrath of the more knowledgeable MC techs here, but have you tried starting it with the throttle open?

Can you shut the fuel off and drain the carb bowls give them some light taps to the side and then try again, maybe a float sticking:dunno:

first i'd have to look that up and second being I have no garage so I am at mercy of day light and weather.