Please Help!!

Kmanlyst

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch for white lines on the carb bowl screws, some factories paint mark fasteners and they'll know if its been broke open. I'm thinking if it's killing the engine, it would be something mainline between the tank and carbs OR spark related OR fuel itself. If 1 carb was clogged, the other would still carry the engine but run like a dumpster, right?

Edit - 250R's have a fuel pump? If so, check its fuse? Is it cycling?

Edited by Hellmutt

In case you don't have one, here's a link to download free Ninja service manuals. Definitely handy to have for times like these...

http://everythingninja.com/service-manuals/

And if you've got $600 to spare, plan to keep the bike, and very serious about EFI, check this out :D

http://www.ecotrons.com/Kawasaki_Ninja_250cc_EFI_kit.html

Edited by Hellmutt

So spoke with the service manager at Ohio Motorcycle today, He feels it is something in the fuel line so I have drained the tank again and I am going to run 87 with Techron added if not I am looking at a $250 carb rebuild with parts at $22 per carb and $99/hr labor.

I don't know why they didn't go with FI with them seem like the carb suck on the 250 they should of release the European model here that's is FI.

Check the vent tube down near the kick stand some times it folds up. Which then don't let any air in to the tank then makes you think the carb are messed up.

Edited by wht_scorpion

I wouldnt worry to much about the old plugs being fouled i did read that u could only run it with your choke on? As most people know with the choke being on you dump fuel from your choke circit into the engine and with you not being able to run the bike up to temp you will never burn up the extra fuel on the plug. Still sounds like a fuel supply problem from the way its dying if its a vent problem try to start it with your fuel cap off. I am not to sure if this bike has a fuel pump if you have low fuel pressure it wount be able to keep up at higher r.p.m.s as also a restriction would do. i know you probbly dont have the means to check it but i am going to follow this thread..

So spoke with the service manager at Ohio Motorcycle today, He feels it is something in the fuel line so I have drained the tank again and I am going to run 87 with Techron added if not I am looking at a $250 carb rebuild with parts at $22 per carb and $99/hr labor.

As long as it's taken you to type all this you could have gotten the carbs off by now and all you first need to do is remove the bowl and look around. Or pull the fuel hose off and see if fuels coming out.

Edited by Gump