22LR Rounds

Howabusa

I was just telling someone today that i never dreamdt in my life that it would ever be difficult to find 22lr ammo....... They have some at gander mtn north of dayton and at olde english is where ive bought mine BUT cannot find any hollownpoints. Only the subsonic rounds........

I've seen 2 guys sell 1400 rd 22L Remington buckets for $150! I offered them $70 and of course they turned me down. Last week I walked into a Walmart and they were putting some out, so I bought a 1000 of 22L for $45 plus tax.

people are stupid for paying those high prices!

And for .22 no less. I mean, I can see a premium for .223 and defensive ammo for larger calibers (driven by assault weapon ban fears and the huge uptick in CCW classes), but .22?!

Wait, is the squirrel zombie apocalypse unfolding already??? Someone with a stockpile please protect the rest of us unprepared sheep! ;-P

And for .22 no less. I mean, I can see a premium for .223 and defensive ammo for larger calibers (driven by assault weapon ban fears and the huge uptick in CCW classes), but .22?!

Wait, is the squirrel zombie apocalypse unfolding already??? Someone with a stockpile please protect the rest of us unprepared sheep! ;-P

I know I was rolling in 9mm in my mind and no worries about 22lr till I bought a MKIII and was suddenly going thru it real fast. Like most I think I'm stuck in a "if I find it I buy it" mind set. It's just to easy to go thru ammo on a fun range day where the gun is spot on and you are sending them as fast as you can load them. ;)

I hered that shit hole Woodburys was trying to get over $100 for a brick of .22lr

And just Friday buckeye outdoors had 50 ct. box for $7.99 limit 2

I Heard that at work today

screwing people

Any one near zanesville looking for 100 round box 45 auto and 100 round box 9mm maple ave walmart stocked

Edited by wht_scorpion

Doesn't everyone keep 5,000 rounds of 22lr in their sock drawer?

No but I might have a case or two in my linen closet. You just burn through so much 22lr at the range especially if you got kids with you.

This was part of Barry's plan. Make it more expensive and blue collar gun crime dwindles. I think it would just make you smarter about your crimes and force you to improve your accuracy.

I doubt it's part of a Master Plan. They may have flawed gun policies based on philosophical differences and ignorance, but they probably are buying up surplus for the same reasons we do - anticipation of future short supplies. Unfortunately everyone's hoarding is creating the very supply shortage feared.

• Upvote 1

Had to share this. Couldn't believe they are this high! As advertised by Copes Distributing in Greenville Ohio.

LAPUA MIDAS+ 22lr 40GR 50RD Box

Midas+ is the improved generation of Midas. The lo...

Manufacturer :

Weight : 0.45

$19.99

Federal UM22 22lr 40gr Gold Match 50rd Box

The spirit of Federal's silver and gold medal wins...

Manufacturer : Federal

Weight : 0.40

$18.61

FYI I stopped by Cabella's tonight to see what subcompact pistols and ammo they had. As expected, there was no 9mm, 40mm, .22 (not even hornet), .45 or 38 special to be found. They did have a few boxes of special load .380 for $30 (yikes!) but one guy bought them just as I passed by. Tons of 12 gauge though - seems as if bird and buck shot aren't being run on yet. The prices on the shelves looked somewhat normal (once they get stock back) - I remember seeing CCI for $9.99. I did pick up .22 pellets and CO2 for my Crossman 150 - at least I'll have something to do at the range. ;-)

Recon, that's where we are too, I need several hundred more 9mm, or 22lr for the CHL classes and am already trying to find it. I do think I have a brick of 22LR in Lancaster I left there a few years ago just need to go see my aunt at our lodge and get it.

But this is rediculous, I don't even know where to start anymore. If Cabela's doesn't have it, and Gander doesnt in Cbus, then I think it's game over.

I stopped at Canal Wally last night and they had 40SW and 7mm and some 220 stuff, but nothing worth anything.

FYI I stopped by Cabella's tonight to see what subcompact pistols and ammo they had. As expected, there was no 9mm, 40mm, .22 (not even hornet), .45 or 38 special to be found. They did have a few boxes of special load .380 for $30 (yikes!) but one guy bought them just as I passed by. Tons of 12 gauge though - seems as if bird and buck shot aren't being run on yet. The prices on the shelves looked somewhat normal (once they get stock back) - I remember seeing CCI for $9.99. I did pick up .22 pellets and CO2 for my Crossman 150 - at least I'll have something to do at the range. ;-)

Up north here buck shot is gone! I can find different pistol calibers in different towns. My Wal-Mart has 44, 38, and 357. My pusher has some 9, 40, 45, 38, 357, 380 defense rounds no range amno though, and only a few boxes of each. Another store I visited a little south of me had tons of 45 and 44 range and defense, they had a few boxes of hornady 223 rounds until I showed up.