Break in?

Hutch

HEBRON — Firearms have been reported missing after a Wednesday night break-in at Buckeye Outdoors, according to Hebron police.

Officers were called to the store at 10:36 p.m. on reports of an alarm triggered by broken glass, said Lt. Larry Brooks, with the Hebron Police Department. Officers found several firearms missing from the store, Brooks said.

Newark and Pataskala police were called to assist in looking for the robber or robbers, bringing in K-9 units to search the store. The robbers were not located.

The Hebron Division of Fire was called to the nearby Hebron Ventures strip mall on reports of an alarm at 11:13 p.m. Firefighters conferred with police officers and determined the incidents were unrelated, said Ryan Wyse, shift commander with Hebron Division of Fire.

“We rapidly assessed the situation to see if there was any forced entry into any of the suites, but no buildings had been broken into,” Wyse said.

Firefighters determined that the alarm, which belonged to the Subway in suite K, was simply malfunctioning, Wyse said.

The store does have a security system in place and police officers are looking into whether there is a video recording of the break-in, Brooks said.

Edited by JonS

Interesting? I live out this way and a local paper that publishes police reports has noted around 4-6 alarm drops over the past month or so, all which had turned out "everything ok and secure". May someone was practicing?

Yep, scoping reaction times, where the police come from, if they follow the same route every time etc. Makes sense to me.

Well then must be from out of town then. No one around theses parts is that smart

• Upvote 2

From 10TV, they claim guns were taken.

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police are investigating after a store that sells guns was broken into for the third time in the past 10 years.

According to Hebron police, Buckeye Outdoors, located on Arrowhead Drive, was broken into Wednesday night.

Police said that a number of guns were stolen, but officers would not confirm exactly how many or what types of guns were taken.

"Certainly, that's a major concern anytime you have a gun store broken into and firearms taken, that's a concern," said Hebron Police Lt. Larry Brooks.

Officers were reviewing surveillance video taken from inside the store at the time of the robbery to see if they could get descriptions of those responsible for the burglary.

I cannot believe they do not have full time, armed, security. Iron Pony at least has armed security during business hours, not sure about after. And that's for bikes and gear, NOT guns and ammo that is now marked up 200% or more.

I mean Vances is in town and the cops basically just sit there 24/7, I know because I've been pulled over there several times for basically nothing and always deal with the local township or whatever PD and they seem to be DB's. granted no tickets yet, but they def. patrol that area.

I was there yesterday for some fishing stuff. Apparently they broke in through the back of the building. My guess is it was an inside job. I didn't ask about it, the guy in front of me asked on of the cashiers. I also thought that the guns needed to be locked in Safes after business hours. Not sure where I heard that, but obviously not the case.