1st Annual Dice'n & Slice'n Marathon RideHere it is boys & girls, the 1st annual Dice

DICE32

Yup. You bigtime riders from C-bus are obviously W-A-Y out of our league--y'all are Major League players. :bow: S'matter of fact, all us riders from Cinti are mega-pussies. And if ya pick on us anymore, we're gonna get our vaginas in a snit. 300 miles of twisties is a no-brainer. And 33 MPH is about the top speed we pussies can ride, unless we ask our Mommies permission first. And we never--repeat, NEVER--go over the posted limits, 'cause it's against the law, eh? :nono:

I promise you, this ride won't be any fun at all. Gonna be a bunch of f'n hill-billy assholes talkin' shit about how fast they ride. Yeah, right! :rolleyes: Dice really meant to only send a PM to Big Ern, Magley and Ringo, but he hit the "Reply To All" button accidentally. If you do come south, we'll only feel inadequate next to you racer boyz in yer skin-tight leathers (altho I might get a wee bit turned on...).

And to top it all off, the roads are gonna flat-out suck ballz. Nothin' but straight lines connecting the potholes in a backwoods state that has marijuana as it's main cash crop. I mean c'mon....Rabbit Hash has a DOG as their mayor, fer cripes sake. Definitely NOT WORTH THE DRIVE. Y'all should stay home and log into OR for the weekend. Nothing to see here....move along. ;)

Oh god my sides hurt from laughing so hard.

Some real sour pussies on the site "warned ya" ride sounds like fun, and I guarantee many are gonna be pretty sore for a few days afterwards.

Sour pussies? Look, when you are new here and you show up on the site promising some uber epic super duper OMFG fucking awesomest ever ride, you gotta be prepared for some skepticism and teasing.

We have seen it over and over before. This ride is no more epic or marathon than the others. That said, good on the OP for putting this together and I hope it is a great ride. But all these rides being touted as epic and awesomest ride evar are hilarious.

So, you guys wanna join my biker wolf pack or what? :D

Edited by max power
  • Upvote 1

Look, when you are new here and you show up on the site promising some uber epic super duper OMFG fucking awesomest ever ride, you gotta be prepared for some skepticism and teasing.

We have seen it over and over before. This ride is no more epic or marathon than the others. That said, good on the OP for putting this together and I hope it is a great ride. But all these rides being touted as epic and awesomest ride evar are hilarious.

You, sir, must be exceedingly jaded and hard to please, and a true curmudgeon as well. If you're married, your wife is a saint.... :bow:

Reminds me of this:

You, sir, must be exceedingly jaded and hard to please, and a true curmudgeon as well. If you're married, your wife is a saint.... :bow:

Reminds me of this:

Not jaded, just seen it many times before. My wife is no saint either.

That vid is hilarious though. Honesty is the best policy after all.

Don't let it get to you Rob. I'd go if I could, but I can't do that time right now. Maybe next time though.

Post some pictures when it's done if you have any. I love those roads, especially 1504.

Nick: Man, you gotta try to get down here and ride with us. Dice has laid out a killer route that hits almost all of the great MC roads in NKY. I can't remember if I posted this on OR--if it's a repost, mea culpa--but here's a link to one of my ride reports on LocalRiders from last fall. I doubt if Dice will be hitting many of these roads--he likes the smoother, faster ones--but it'll give you the flavor of the country you'll ride thru during the day.

http://www.localriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17225

Posting this up for Rob. He's confirmed that the ride is on in spite of the cold temps at the start. Bundle up!

YES this ride is still ON for Saturday, even though it's gonna be a chilly start. If we depart at the start on time at 9:00, then we should be at Willow at 10:00 for a short break, so you could meet us there if you're running late. Have enough gas to make it 80 miles from there though. Also, if the early morning temps are just too cold for you, then meet us in Williamstown around NOON.

We'll be fueling up at the station there off I-75 exit 154 (route 36), or turn left on 25 to join us just up the road on the left at the Red Carpet Restaurant where we'll be eating lunch till about 1:00 or so. After lunch it should warm into the 50's, when we'll be riding some of the BEST ROADS on that part of the route anyway. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THESE! And if you need to break off early at the 2nd fuel stop about 4:00-4:30 in Falmouth, that's ok too.

Some of us brave souls will still be riding the entire 300 miles from the start in Wilder to the finish at Rabbit Hash, or at least I will be, so I hope I'm not the only one...lol! I have plenty of copies of the route to hand out for your tank bag, or just to take home and keep for a future ride when you might have more time to explore the area again.

So BUNDLE UP & COME JOIN US!

10 bikes braved the cold low 30-sumpin temps in the AM and met at Shellway. Right as the group was getting ready to take off, we noticed that Kelly was running a bit low on tire pressure--as in zero!!! He had been 'screwed'....which is typically a good thing unless it's immediately prior to 300 miles of twisties. And tube-type DS tires don't lend themselves to easy plugging, so he headed off alone and made it back to Hamilton on the sidewalls.

ShellWayMeetup.jpg

ShellWay2.jpg

A run south on 915/824/1121/10 with a short stop at Willow so the old guys with weak bladders and strong stomachs could visit the scariest place in KY--the outhouse! Lost a couple of the riders to yard chores/family commitments here, but the remaining 6 rode on...

Willow.jpg

Then south toward Mt Olivet with a sprinkle of 165/1504/1284/1032/1054/356 before we ate lunch in Williamstown at the Red Carpet Restaurant--hands down the best double-decker burger in the Tristate!

LunchinWilliamstown.jpg

More riding after lunch!

From the lunch stop, we headed west on 1993/22, and then south on 227--the Kentucky Dragon--into Stamping Ground. Lost a few more bikes along the way to more family commitments, so just 4 of us from there on.

StampingGround.jpg

607.jpg

368-2.jpg

More twisties on 368/607/330/1054/22 into Falmouth for fuel with about 230 miles of road under our belts. Then headed back west again on 17/467/1942/491 into Verona. Finished off the day with a bunch of short roads heading to Rabbit Hash: 1925/Big Bone Church/338/2852/Dale Williamson/Big Jimmy Hill and 338 to the Hash.

368.jpg

607-2.jpg

TheHashFinale.jpg

Left Rob in RH and Steiny and I rode the goat paths--Botts/Wolper/Ashby Fork--to 275 into Indiana and home. Got in about 375 miles for the day. Great day of riding with good buds! Thanks to Rob for working so hard on the route; always a pleasure to ride with the LR boys!