Drywall repair - tv mount

natedogg624

I'm moving out of my current place and the one thing I really need to fix is the gaping hole from where I mounted my tv and hid the cables behind the wall.

I've kept the original squares from when I first cut the holes and have them labelled as to which is top and bottom so I have a perfect "patch" already. I've looked online for tutorials and they are all geared towards a I-punched-in-my-wall hole repair.

Is there a quick kit I can get at Lowes or could I just screw in a support piece to hold the drywall in place while I putty it in?

Edit: the hole is about 6x4"

Edited by natedogg624

Put in two sister studs then screw in drywall, tape, bed, skim and sand.

What i mean by this is take a cut piece of 2x4 or metal stud, screw it to the side of the drywall leaving half of the stud exposed, install pieces you have and screw them to the 2x4 that is showing. now that is is patched back in and secured with screws you can start the mudding. If you do not have it screwed back in you will fight the mudding process the whole time and it will never work. Feel free to PM me for my number and I can probably explain a little better over the phone.