2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R Track/Race bike

jbot

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

For those of you looking to get into track days, or even racing... you're probably wondering: "jbot, why would I dump a bunch of money into turning my perfectly beautiful street bike into a track bike, and then ruin it by launching it off the carousel or T12 at Nelson Ledges or T1 at PIRC or T1 at Midohio or T1 at Grattan or... wherever? And why would I drill all my bolts on it, ensuring that I'll never get my money out of my much-more-valuable-if-unmolested street bike?" the answer is, you shouldn't because that's silly and you'll get herpes. Also, don't worry, I didn't do any of those horrible things with this bike. This is bike happily crash free (well, on my end).

Instead, you should buy this wonderous 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R instead that is fully race prepped. Like I said before, since I've owned, it's never been down... but seeing as it has a salvage title, surely, it's been crashed at some point. Apparently not that badly, seeing as how it is a fantastic track bike. Rides well, handles great, good feel front and back, VERY GOOD power (I never got over how much stronger this bike was than my 600rr)

The other option is, you can pick up some street fairings, some turn signals and headlights and you can turn it back into a street bike (after doing simple rebuilt title inspection).

Anyway, enough rambling on here, you can read all the rambling you want in my CL ad here:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3666544865.html

On CL, it's listed for $4000obo. for OR members, I'll throw it up for $3600 semi-firm. kind of like when you can ALMOST see nipple, but you're not sure it's a real nipple or a large mole but your weiner says "fuck it, it's time to get to work!"

PM me with any questions.

BTW, I'll probably be putting a fresh set of Q2's on this bike unless you don't want them. Otherwise, they'll come shod with Pirelli supercorsa something something race tire front and a michelin power race rear E compound. If you're relatively new to track days and dont have tire warmers... believe me, you'll like the Q2's.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD

Edited by jbot
sold
  • Upvote 1

I was hoping for slightly better tags, but bump this is a really solid bike. Actually, Grapesmuggler should sell his AR and XD and buy this guy. I've seen it in action, always from behind mind you, and it runs real fast. Well that and Jbot is mildly retarded and just goes balls to the wall all the time, which I like.

LBTS GLWS, but not really BTS. Good bike, good price.

I should also mention (though I think it's in the cl ad) that the front fork has been refreshed in January and the bike is still setup for a 180ish pound rider. Ill probably be listing this on wera classifieds at some point in the near future.

I was hoping for slightly better tags, but bump this is a really solid bike. Actually, Grapesmuggler should sell his AR and XD and buy this guy. I've seen it in action, always from behind mind you, and it runs real fast. Well that and Jbot is mildly retarded and just goes balls to the wall all the time, which I like.

LBTS GLWS, but not really BTS. Good bike, good price.

Next purchase is an engagement ring shhhhhhhhhh

Joe, listen to john. You definitely want to get your toy collection in order prior to giving any sort of serious commitment. I don't care how cool she is, she will give you hassle about it (whether immediately or later). I say this without caring if you buy this bike or not, I'm telling you from experience.

Yep, 100% correct, if I hadn't had a bike and already been getting into racing, no way she would have let me right now. Maybe later after our kids are older, but definitely get toys first. I know your chick is cool, but that cool.... I dunno ;)

joe, you are still young (ok, i have no idea how old you are, but whatever) so i'll excuse your insolent naivete.

let me tell you a bit about the birds and the bees.

see, the bee is always wanting to go and get that honey. but the bird is all like "motherfucker, we gotta save for downpaymentadditionpaintrenovationminivancollegetuitionmahfancypurseshoesfoodbasicmedicalcarewhateverelsethatislessimportantthanmotorcycleracing"

so what the bee gotta do is get that honey before the bird sees the bee with the pair of pollens between the bees legs and before the bird can remove the pollens forcibly with her greedy bitch claws of marital injustice... even if you're not actually married yet. see, once the bee gives the bird a ring, the bird thinks "oh, i got this little bee-otch by the pollens now" and thinks she already owns everything even though the prenup isn't even signed.... but she won't have such ideas of ownership until she knows about the ring. it's all over once she sees that ring.

and that's why the bee should go blow his load on that good strange honey before the ring.

• Upvote 1

joe, you are still young (ok, i have no idea how old you are, but whatever) so i'll excuse your insolent naivete.

let me tell you a bit about the birds and the bees.

see, the bee is always wanting to go and get that honey. but the bird is all like "motherfucker, we gotta save for downpaymentadditionpaintrenovationminivancollegetuitionmahfancypurseshoesfoodbasicmedicalcarewhateverelsethatislessimportantthanmotorcycleracing"

so what the bee gotta do is get that honey before the bird sees the bee with the pair of pollens between the bees legs and before the bird can remove the pollens forcibly with her greedy bitch claws of marital injustice... even if you're not actually married yet. see, once the bee gives the bird a ring, the bird thinks "oh, i got this little bee-otch by the pollens now" and thinks she already owns everything even though the prenup isn't even signed.... but she won't have such ideas of ownership until she knows about the ring. it's all over once she sees that ring.

and that's why the bee should go blow his load on that good strange honey before the ring.

^^This is exactly how I explained this to my 12 year old son the other day. And every bit of it is true.

i made a listing on motolist.com too. if you make a listing there, you can help kanatuna get some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money for his adventure into AMA XR1200 racing

here is the ad link. i'm probably going to list my ducati on there too.

http://www.motolist.com/listings/category/332/Kawasaki/listings/307/2008-Kawasaki-ZX6R-Ninja-race-prepped.html

i made a listing on motolist.com too. if you make a listing there, you can help kanatuna get some of that sweet sweet sponsorship money for his adventure into AMA XR1200 racing

here is the ad link. i'm probably going to list my ducati on there too.

http://www.motolist.com/listings/category/332/Kawasaki/listings/307/2008-Kawasaki-ZX6R-Ninja-race-prepped.html

I would buy this but just bought a new motorcycle. I am looking for a track motorcycle but maybe next year. GLWS

What do you ride now Jbot?