Evil Dead Or G.I. Joe: Retaliation?

NightRider

Looking to catch a movie tonight. Evil Dead or the new G.I. Joe movie.

G.I. Joe looks like it could be kinda hokey, over the top and all over the place at times so i'm leaning towards Evil Dead. Just wanted to see if anyone had any positive or negative comments or reviews about both.

Thanks!

honestly I would go evil dead.. as I just saw Gi joe.. it was a good movie.. non stop action and all that but yes its hokey at times.. its kinda what you want out of the film.. depth or big booms?

I'm a big horror film person, so Evil Dead looks good to me. I love action and explosions too, but i feel it's all been done before.

again I say its what you want out of it.. gi joe is gi joe.. its cheesy 1 liners plus a lot of explosions.. though I will say there are some really good fight scenes and the introduction into a "true" cobra commander was sweet..

evil dead is basically old evil dead made scary and serious... I would/ am really interested in the new take on a classic B-rate horror flick

I loved the first Evil Dead, and it was awesome. One of the few horror flicks that gave me nightmares as a kid. The new one doesnt look like it will disappoint either. If your going with a girl, go see Evil Dead, if going solo, go see GI Joe.

I'm pretty sure she would probably enjoy G.I. Joe a little bit more, at least from a superficial standpoint. Ladies love Channing, and The Rock.

But, Evil Dead might get you some kind of physical contact, because she'll be terrified... or you will :p

I'm pretty sure she would probably enjoy G.I. Joe a little bit more, at least from a superficial standpoint. Ladies love Channing, and The Rock.

But, Evil Dead might get you some kind of physical contact, because she'll be terrified... or you will :p

:lol: I'm going with Evil Dead, that's what i want to watch.

Seriously? My wife hates action flicks. She gets bored. Most movies I went to with chicks it was either a Horror flick or a chick flick. No action flicks, as you said the horror flick would offer more physical interaction if shes scared easy.

Shawn go see Evil Dead its not a remake or sequel its a rebirth of the franchise. It is actually in the same universe and it will interact with Army of Darkness 2. The main character from this movie will meet with Ash in another movie. It looks great but I have not seen it. I did see G.I. Joe ands its all action with no story. But its up to you.

Went to see evil dead tonight, its pretty intense. Gory as fuck. Has to be better than any gi Joe movie.

Like how the latest Saws became? I lost interest because it was just gross and not scary.

Are you saying evil dead is just a gross factor instead of being scary?

Edited by NinjaNick

Like how the latest Saws became? I list interest because it was just gross and not scary.

Are you saying evil dead is just a gross factor instead of being scary?

Evil Dead isn't a bad movie at all. Is it as awesome as you're hoping it might be? Probably not. Gory and kinda cheesy at times? Sure. Kind of reminds me of Cabin In The Woods with some of the characters, but not as well done.

The setting of the cabin/backdrop with the rain was one of the bright spots for me. One thing i didn't get is the hipster look for David, but not enough to deter me from liking the movie.

Over all, i would give it a 7/10. Just my 2 cents.

It all depends on what scares you. I jumped a few times but I thought sinister was scarier, but I get more freaked out by the whole ghosts trying to kill you thing than the demon-possessed kids killing each other. Overall it was a good movie, worth the $9 imho. Not just over the top gory but still nasty as hell.