who uses Rotella T6

Hoblick

I just caved to the hype and changed the WRX over to Rotella T6

gonna convert the CRF100 over to tomorrow

and the CRF250R and NSR50R will be making the switch on their next oil change.

guess ill try it in the Titan as well lol

alot of hype around this oil, figured why not give it a shot. especially after seeing the guys photos on here of his F4I engine after that many miles using it.

hopefully its good stuff with no issues, i like getting MC synthetic oil for less than $10 a qt.

it will be sad to not use Mobil 1 anymore though

I use it.

Derek says it sucks and that's why my cct makes noise after a thousand miles on clean oil..... Going to buy into the amsoil hype on my next change, and if the sound returns, I'll be switching back to the t6

From what I hear, vfrs are notorious for the cct noise no matter what, but I'm going to give the amsoil a try

When I put the t6 in, I noticed that it runs much quieter and shifts so much smoother than whatever was in it before... I'm happy with it

I've been needing to change the oil in my Duc - any recommendations for the 996?

I've found Lucas synthetic at a good price through Summit but have thought about getting the T6.

There's an old saying you get what you pay for.I ran Mobil 1 MX4T in two of my bike's both i bought brand new.One was a 2003 ZX9R,101,000 miles the other was a 1993 ZX11,112,000 miles.Neither had any problems,Mobil 1 oil MX4T is my choice......

There's an old saying you get what you pay for.I ran Mobil 1 MX4T in two of my bike's both i bought brand new.One was a 2003 ZX9R,101,000 miles the other was a 1993 ZX11,112,000 miles.Neither had any problems,Mobil 1 oil MX4T is my choice......

That is not true when it comes to Rotella, it has a very similar package when compared to moto oil. If it is good enough for heavy equipment and semi's, and it has zero friction modifiers in it, then how can it be inferior to the gourmet moto oil? Yes I run it, in both my bikes. Matter of fact the Rotella 15W40 is the original and still the most used for motorcycles, but the T6 is becoming pretty popular as well. I had the exact same experience with Scamsoil that Ryan had, bike shifted terrible and I had more mechanical engine noise. The Mobil 1 4T is excellent oil, but I honestly prefer Castrol RS 4T even over that.

I use T6 or other Rotella, to store over the Winter, it's cheaper than dino. I ride with it for a while in the Spring before changing. I don't think it's any better than dino. Soon enough the bike will shift funny from the oil. Just like dino. (Which means it's probably breaking down in viscosity.)

But it's pretty decent. Especially for the price. Cheap.

Have used it for many years. Even before it was JASO-MA certified. Gold Wing Buddies in the 200k range with no issues. My cars usually don't leave the family till 200k. No issues. My zero turn mower is about the only thing I won't use it in. It uses about a pint every cutting. More to do with the multi weight aspect than the oil. Went back to Chevron Delo 30w and it is happy. Delo 400 is a very good non synthetic oil. Our trucks at work go about a million 2-3k before retirement with no issues.

http://www.shell.com/rotella/promotions/t6-spring-promotion.html

I use it in my wrx (2 oil changes with it thus far) and have used it in all of my bikes as well. After I saw thirdgen's 117k mile rebuild after the crash I knew that rotella t6 wasn't going to have any long term problems and it sure doesn't have short term problems. You certainly don't get what you pay for with oil because there are always going to be companies like royal purple that want you to pay out the ass for it so you can sleep better at night.

I've heard this debate over and over again about the T6. I might give it a shot this year based on a lot of the comments I've heard on the Triumph forums from those running it in their 675's. One thing I have heard is that after about 2-2.5K miles a few people were starting to notice the clutch wasn't grabbing quite as strong as it used to. I'll be putting it in the race bike and changing it out probably after every race weekend, 2 at the most. It's only going to have about 100-150 miles on it then so hopefully it's far from breaking down at that point.

Ive been using it in my powerstroke for 2 years now and noticed an immediate gain of 2+mpg towing and regular driving both. I actually just did another change Thursday and immediately noticed how much smoother it ran after the change. Granted the previous change had 1800 more miles than I like to have on it, but it's all good.

I am still using Mobil 1 in the bike, but may swap to it too. My F250 loves it and I will most likely be using it on my Turbo'd volvo as well when I do a change next month.

And if the Powerstroke 6.0 likes it, it has to be legit since the injectors use it to fire in microseconds.

No expert here but after doing (way too much) research I've run T6 in the VFR for 3 years. It's fine. I also use the Purolator Pure One filter.