Otterbox + road at ~65mph.

chevysoldier

Jumped on the bike to go out to eat with the fiance and had my Droid DNA clipped in my font jacket pocket. I turned to my left check my blind spot and it gets blown out of my pocket. SHIT! I saw it hit the ground in my mirror. When it landed, the case went one way, the phone another, just not sure which was which. I pulled over immediately, ran back to see a truck heading toward one of the black spots in the middle of the lane. I'm hoping he straddles it, which he does. When I get there, I see the clip landed in the road and my phone just over the fog line. I pick up both and to my amazement, only a few scuffs on each and not even that bad. Phone was still on and it perfect shape. The clip had more scuffs since its hard plastic unlike the case that has a rubber cover. Plugged my headphones back in and hit play, no issues. Off to dinner again.

I'll never have a phone without an Otterbox again! Money well spent!

I drop my otter boxed iPhone about once every two days. Definitely a good investment, especially when you buy them on eBay for half what they are at Wally World.

Got mine at Verizon for cheap when I got my phone. When I was running to get it, all I thought was thank goodness I have insurance on this phone! Lol

I used to cover my 3GS with an otterbox but when I got my 4s I said "no way". Why take a slim phone and turn it into a big, ugly hunk of plastic? I have a visor shield on the front of my 4s and clear, thin shield on sides and back. You can't tell there's anything at all on my iPhone! And guess what? I've dropped it MANY times and it's in one piece still. It's insured for a reason and it still fits in my pocket :)

I has same experience with my Blackberry in an Otterbox when I hit a deer.

Yes it takes away from the "thin",, Butt saving/protecting your

phone so you can call for help is immeasurable.

I has same experience with my Blackberry in an Otterbox when I hit a deer.

Yes it takes away from the "thin",, Butt saving/protecting your

phone so you can call for help is immeasurable.

insurance doesn't matter of you need to user the phone right then!

And they're somewhat splash resistant (nephews!)...

I actually removed the plastic screen protector. I hated how it killed the touch sensitivity. I was always screwing up swyping texts because it would stop mid word.