My endevour to stop smoking

Gunner75

lol sorry to hear that, but thats what im TRYING to avoid

For the sake of your loved ones, try harder. :)

I begged her to quit for years. She gave me excuses like stress, that I didn't understand how difficult it was, how she had no willpower etc.

I begged her to quit so that she would be around to see her grandchildren.

I found out after she died that she was so desperate to have grandkids that she put every spare penny into a separate bank account so she could afford a plane ticket to come and see her first grandchild (she would have flown from the UK to Ohio) and spend some time here to help out. She was never rich so it took her several years to save up for a plane ticket.

She never met my son - she rode her can't-quit excuses to the grave 3 years before he was born. All I have is a couple of pictures of her, one which sits above my monitor as I type here.

Do what you need to do, but every time the craving hits you need to look at your loved ones and remind yourself that you are doing it for them, not just for yourself.

Off my high horse now. Sorry. :o

• Upvote 2

lol ive tried to quit probably 20 times before this. I managed to quit for 14 days last summer, i went back to it because I broke. nicotine is one of the hardest drugs to get off of, some believe its worse than heroin for addiction

Its the hand to mouth addiction or the habit and motion/activity of it. You were no longer addicted to nicotine but you didnt want to quit bad enough. The cravings are the worst when you are used to having a cigarette aka after the morning cup of coffee, after eating, while driving, etc...

I begged her to quit for years. She gave me excuses like stress, that I didn't understand how difficult it was, how she had no willpower etc.

I found out after she died that she was so desperate to have grandkids that she put every spare penny into a separate bank account so she could afford a plane ticket to come and see her first grandchild (she would have flown from the UK to Ohio) and spend some time here to help out. She was never rich so it took her several years to save up for a plane ticket.

She never met my son - she rode her can't-quit excuses to the grave 3 years before he was born. All I have is a couple of pictures of her, one which sits above my monitor as I type here.

Do what you need to do, but every time the craving hits you need to look at your loved ones and remind yourself that you are doing it for them, not just for yourself.

Enough to move us all, thank you for giving us insight into the other side... Something easily forgotten.

+rep this because that is what I need thanks

Its the hand to mouth addiction or the habit and motion/activity of it. You were no longer addicted to nicotine but you didnt want to quit bad enough. The cravings are the worst when you are used to having a cigarette aka after the morning cup of coffee, after eating, while driving, etc...

Bingo.......my neighbor who has smoked for 45 years "and still can't quit" pretty much said exactly what you just said, as to why he just can't quit. I just love when I am working at pretty much any hospital, and you see the smokers walking through the hall with their IV pole or oxygen tank, so they can sneak outside for a drag off a fag. I tell ya folks, it is job security for my Wife and I, so by all means keep on smoking........I will be seeing ya in surgery sooner than later. ;)

• Upvote 1

In the end it will definitely be a hard, long drawn out process. I will have to stick to it and eventually get off the nicotine all together. Personally of all the things Ive tried in the past, up to this point of quiting, I am having less issues with the cravings. Probably because Im still getting my nicotine with the juice. However its still far better then actually smoking

In the end it will definitely be a hard, long drawn out process. I will have to stick to it and eventually get off the nicotine all together. Personally of all the things Ive tried in the past, up to this point of quiting, I am having less issues with the cravings. Probably because Im still getting my nicotine with the juice. However its still far better then actually smoking

:goodpost:

I quit cold turkey it was the single hardest thing I've done. I have been begging my wife to quit, she will and then she will relapse and start smoking again. It is a matter of will power if you truely want to quit you will. Like Scruit said take a look at your loved ones and think about them. Every time you smoke you are taking time away that you and your loved ones could spend together. Be strong man you will get through it. The longer you don't smoke the easier it is not to. I started smoking when I was 13yrs old I decided to quit when I was up to 2 1/2 packs a day at age 27. I'm 34 and managed to not smoke anymore. I wish you luck with quiting.

Ok so its been 5 complete days since my last cigarette, the worst day so far was day 3. I know I've still got a long way to go, but I've noticed some significant improvement in certain areas such as sleeping. The last 3 days I've been getting better sleep, my wife said she hasn't heard me snoring at all. My sense of smell has gotten to the point where I can't stand to be close to my wife who smokes. Foods have started to taste a little better. All in all I think I can get through this just fine. I have been craving food more than anything, and I'm offsetting that with roasted almonds and cashews.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ok so its been 5 complete days since my last cigarette, the worst day so far was day 3. I know I've still got a long way to go, but I've noticed some significant improvement in certain areas such as sleeping. The last 3 days I've been getting better sleep, my wife said she hasn't heard me snoring at all. My sense of smell has gotten to the point where I can't stand to be close to my wife who smokes. Foods have started to taste a little better. All in all I think I can get through this just fine. I have been craving food more than anything, and I'm offsetting that with roasted almonds and cashews.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! It will get easier.

19 yes quit 5 yrs ago. Zyban is what I used for a week. But i had an allergic reaction on Day 1 of quitting when I stopped taking it... hellmutt smoked while I did this.

I swear vision improves as well. I've quit a few times, only to start back up.

Keep trying, if nothing else you'll save a ton of cash.

Find things to do that aren't smoking related. I mean I don't smoke on a motorcycle. That's one. And those first few days are easier for me if I carry a water bottle and hold water in my mouth almost constantly. Dunno, it just helps.

I think it never bothered me as much as other people. I can get on a plane and fly far away, and not smoking on the plane is no big deal.

Was an amazing time riding with everyone yesterday. Got to meet quite a few people off the forums who I am hoping to ride with more often. Was around a lot of people who smoke, and I had the inkling to smoke a few times but I was able to hold off the cravings. Going into week 2