Gitmo closing!

Tonik

Gotta give the man credit for trying... is it his fault he keeps getting cock-blocked, twat-swatted and cunt-punted by congress?
Yup. Blame congress. He totally couldn't use an executive order to do as he wishes. He wouldn't dream of doing something like that. :D

Yup. Blame congress. He totally couldn't use an executive order to do as he wishes. He wouldn't dream of doing something like that. :D

In this instance, I wholeheartedly and completely blame Congress. The last time this came up, the majority of House representatives collectively SHIT THEIR PANTS. Like, 5-year-old-girl-at-a-Freddy-Krueger-movie levels of pants-shitting. To hear some of these assholes talk, you'd think we were incarcerating Magneto, Deadpool, the Incredible Hulk, and the entire cast of the A-Team.

Bottom line is that these people need trials, and they need to be found guilty and stay in prison or be found innocent and GTFO. Gitmo is a MASSIVE stain on American foreign policy, and directly flies in the face of the "rule of law". It needs to go away.

I will admit I am getting old, so my memory isn't that good anymore. So would someone be kind enough to remind me who controlled the White House, the Senate and the House for 2008 through 2010.

• Upvote 1

I will admit I am getting old, so my memory isn't that good anymore. So would someone be kind enough to remind me who controlled the White House, the Senate and the House for 2008 through 2010.

Had the majority, or controlled? Hardly the same thing.

Previous plan was to ship them to various federal prisons state side.

Atlanta and Pennsylvania come to mind. That got turned down.

Also doesn't make sense if they are combatants.

As of 2012 correct? That shit should have been pulled. They knew about the activities, and we're warned by multiple countries.

But since it has not he is entitled to his US rights.

please specify what activities they knew about, and other than a vague warning from russia, an investigation, and no follow up, what "multiple countries" warned anyone about anything?

I love how adamant the conservatives are about the 2nd amendment, but how willing they are to trample all over the rest of them once their safety feels threatened.

all three were controlled by Obama cocksucking democrats. Thats how the health care plan was passed. I havent read the article yet, but Im curious, where are the terrorists going to go?

Again "controlled" and "majority" are two different things.

Health care reform is a great example of this. If the Democrats truly controlled the Congress, it would have been much easier to pass health care reform. It would have been sooner, and it would have been better. But a 60 vote majority was needed to get the bill to pass, which is how we ended up with a health care law that is more expensive, and less effective.

As of 2012 correct? That shit should have been pulled. They knew about the activities, and we're warned by multiple countries.

But since it has not he is entitled to his US rights.

For such a constitutional crusader, it amuses me to see that you're willing to basically set the entire document on fire when it ceases to fit your world-view, especially in hindsight.

First off, the Russian warning was for Tamerlan, not for the other guy. Tamerlan's application for citizenship was delayed, probably intentionally, by the US government. I can only guess as to the reason, but perhaps it was because the FBI was acting on those warnings from Russia and vetting him out a little closer. You know, the system working and shit.

Second, the younger kid is a NATURALIZED citizen. No green cards, no work visas, he's just as much a citizen as you or me or anyone else that was born in this country. If all it takes to have that citizenship revoked (if your eyes) is some obscure "warning" from a foreign country, what good is it?

Did I not say he is entitled to his due process like every other US citizen?

I just looked again I guess they are now reporting the the Saudis didn't write a letter to DHS.

Because the Saudi's had nothing to do with this. Seriously man, put down the Glenn Beck/Alex Jones.

The US had interment camps for German prisoners all over the Eastern US. There was one in North Western Ohio. Once here, they often didn't want to go back. We didn't have much for Japanese captured. There weren't any. To make up for it, the US over reacted and tried to intern all Japanese American citizens. (Not really, but it appeared that way.)

Simple differences. A military internment camp is barracks for trained troops that were captured. A prison is for control of out of control people. Gitmo is neither and both. We nave nothing else like it, and it suits the untrained out of control dangerous prisoners that are neither citizens nor trained foreign troops. Any that weren't dangerous, were sent home. Where most became what they were before. Jihad fighters.

Released prisoners, historically, are released on their pardon. That means they promise to not fight again in the present conflict. That means to not take up arms. Other duties are usually reasonable. It's an honor thing. Jihad fighters have demonstrated the exact opposite.

Culturally, many people in the world have a tradition that it is ok to lie and cheat in a business transaction if you can get away with it. Or even if you don't. Only the kin of your clan is treated with respect. If the world won't change, we will have to.

Did I not say he is entitled to his due process like every other US citizen?

I just looked again I guess they are now reporting the the Saudis didn't write a letter to DHS.

Why would the Saudis write a letter?

Did Chile? What about Canada or Australia?