FS 1983 Yamaha SECA Turbo 650

Gunner75

Listing this for my buddy Jake, it does run, it does need some work. When he got it, it was parts in boxes, the front brake was locked up and it wouldnt start at all. It currently has brand new tires with about 50 miles on them. Its got its quirks but as I said it does work. If interested the number is listed in one of the pictures. If you got questions ask away I will do what I can to answer, or you can call Jake and ask him personally. I can personally say this bike runs good for as old as it is and from where it come from. Full choke and then crank it for a few seconds and it starts right up.

009-3_zpsece716a2.jpg

013-2_zpsb988e1ea.jpg

012-3_zpsacca2d86.jpg

011-4_zpsc833ac43.jpg

014-2_zpsbc676a1a.jpg

010-2_zps6728be60.jpg

that's so cool.

I have always kicked around the idea of having a bike from the year I was born.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the performance (or looks) would really work for me on a daily basis. Still an awesome piece of history.

Oh I don't want it, I have enough relics in my garage, just interested to see how they ran the up pipe and how they pressurised the carbs.

The turbo is under the engine in the back, near the swingarm pivot. There is still a small remenant of what would normally be a "muffler" on the right side (looks like it was just chopped, not removed) which was piped directly from the turbo and used to limit its noise. The actual exhaust was a 4 to 1 on the LH side

hi my name is Jake I own the bike. First off just so every one is clear there is not a remnant of a chopped muffler. There is a new stainless steel pipe that has been built by me and tig welded together by me I even rewelded the lil factory guard on it. it is a lil loud but good loud not god awfull loud. I no longer have the pics from when I was putting it all together.If I happen find them I will have james post them. Any other questions pls just give me a call thx!

Like I said, it's undeniably cool, it just wouldn't fit my needs as a primary-use street bike.

If it were a second or a third street bike, I'd be seriously interested. A guy could lose his voice at bike nights explaining to everyone what it is when they ask.

It's too nice to cut up for a project, or I'd consider that route.