Holy crap - Plane crash

flounder

Wow. Looks like a stall due to too steep of an ascent and or combined with an engine failure.

edit: just saw that all the crew members were from SE Michigan except 1 from Louisville.

Edited by cmh_sprint

heard on the radio the cargo wasnt secured properly and shifted to the back of the plane causing the nose to point straight up and stall the engines

This but the engines did not stall. The aircraft reached its critical angle of attack and the airflow over the wings was disrupted causing the plane to stall not the engines.

This but the engines did not stall. The aircraft reached its critical angle of attack and the airflow over the wings was disrupted causing the plane to stall not the engines.

^ This.

My guess was that cargo shifted and or something stuck in the elevator. Sad situation. If they determine it was due to insecure cargo, someone is going to take a beating.

Edited by flounder

^ This.

My guess was that cargo shifted and or something stuck in the elevator. Sad situation. If they determine it was due to insecure cargo, someone is going to take a beating.

Yeah I heard the load shifted just after take off, they had a couple military vehicles on board.

Yeah I heard the load shifted just after take off, they had a couple military vehicles on board.

There is an ongoing problem with workers in that area not listening to FEMALE loadmasters because of cultural differences. This is what happens when you don't trust the experts.:nono:

RIP

The initial report from the video confirmed speculation that the load shifted to the back and the center of gravity was too far back. They said the engines shot about 200 ft forward after impact. Interestingly enough, the plane hit within the perimeter of Bagram. The company National Air Cargo is one of our customers, we haul the freight from the airports (or to them).

^ This.

That person would be the load master, who was killed in the crash.

I've always been amazed by the 747. Way back when, i was working in Chicago, and instead of heading to the bar with the rest of the out of town workers, i headed to a park near ohare and ran a trail around a lake. It seemed like every other plane landing was a 747. Not many land at cvg, but I always manage to see at least two of the three that come in on Saturdays when I'm at home. If I hear them, I'll stop what I'm doing to go take a look up.

Horrific crash, incredible video. I really wish I never saw it.