Amanda Berry and 2 other women finally located

Gunner75

Sadly this will be a good movie.

Lets start a poll for who the top 3 Latino actors will be to play the twisted ass bothers.

Here's a list to start you off to name a few:

Mario Lopez

George Lopez

Danny Trejo

Edward James Olmos

Cheech Marin

Erik Estrada

Luis Guzmán

John Leguizamo

Antonio Banderas

Benicio Del Toro

Benjamin Bratt

Hector Elizondo

You might find it ok but I give zero slack to a wife beater. There is no excuse for it and I've personally planted a couple of them on their asses.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Gunner75

I'm with you Gunner...I give no quarter to wife beaters....I saw some things as a kid that..well...it ain't right.

BUT...I can't dismiss the fact that this guy (and OTHERS..he wasn't the only one) were doing a selfless act when they helped these poor women out.

The media is looking for a story...good or bad. They will dig into your past to find ANYTHING....ANYTHING to make headlines. Best believe it will happen to you, me and everyone on this forum.

You might find it ok but I give zero slack to a wife beater. There is no excuse for it and I've personally planted a couple of them on their asses.

The ITG is strong with this one. He was found guilty and served his sentence in prison, and even with the massive stigma of being a convicted felon found and keeps a job, and takes care of himself well enough that he's refusing the reward money. What more do you want? I'm not lionizing the guy, but at some point you have to recognize that a) he's paid for his crime and b) some people are genuinely interested in turning their lives around and not going back to jail.

• Upvote 1

The ITG is strong with this one. He was found guilty and served his sentence in prison, and even with the massive stigma of being a convicted felon found and keeps a job, and takes care of himself well enough that he's refusing the reward money. What more do you want? I'm not lionizing the guy, but at some point you have to recognize that a) he's paid for his crime and b) some people are genuinely interested in turning their lives around and not going back to jail.

This.

I can't believe there is even discussion around this.

This.

I can't believe there is even discussion around this.

Inya's got a valid point, for better or for worse (in this case, for worse) the media's going to turn this dude's life upside down to find out anything that would even remotely resemble a "story" or generate even the smallest amount of controversy. It seems some people can't just be happy that the women are freed, they need to know every inch of this guy's life and the media's more than happy to provide the gossipy deets.

I am amazed they were able to keep the girls there for 10 years and not get caught. I can understand the ability in a rural environment but in a city with homes so close?

They couldn't have been chained 24/7 but then, maybe they were.

Sad story but glad they are free from their captors now.

Ill give you that much that he might've paid his debt, I've just never meet one that actually agrees what they did was wrong. I was told to give him the benefit of doubt, didn't they do that in 2 of his trials? Whatever he's changed. I sure as hell wouldve taken the reward as I love money.

I am not particularly interested in Ramsey's life beyond current events. A situation presented itself where people in severe distress needed someone to rescue them from a miserable existence. Ramsey had an opportunity to get involved and he did the right thing. There are 4 people and families that are extremely grateful for his actions. Good enough.

My wife and I were talking about this earlier today. How many people do you suppose would have kept right on walking when they heard banging and screaming for help? I'd venture a bet that it would be quite a few who just wouldn't have wanted to get involved with anything of the sort, especially not knowing what they'd stumbled upon.

Convicted or not, I believe he's proven that he's willing to do the right thing.

Since he doesn't want the money he should take it and donate it to a battered woman's program. That would end all debate on this subject I think. Someone go back to the 911 call and call him and suggest it. Bet he hasn't thought of that yet.

Don't care about his history. I'm not asking him to babysit my kids. He helped the girls get free, just accept that and move on.

Or do we want convicted criminals to refuse to help for fear of being vilified again for crimes they already served their sentences for?

I shouldn't generalize and say "The Media" with a broad stroke. Not everybody in the media is following this path....but...it's there.

We've all fucked up at some point in our lives. Some worse than others. it doesn't mean we haven't grown and bettered ourselves. At the other end, it doesn't necessarily mean we've changed for the better either. It also doesn't change the fact that a good deed was done here. Especially since he paid his debt.

The people who talk shit about his past...I'm sure they wouldn't change who he was if it were their family involved. Ask any of the families involved. I'm sure they could give a fuck.

• Upvote 1