a little home renovation

Hoblick

we have been busting our ass getting out house ready for sale.

i redid the cabinets and countertops with the rustoleum transformation kits, new hardware on the cabinets, and finally installed my over the range microwave. accomplished all of this within a week with limited time. mostly a little before work and a little when i got home at night.

also did ALOT of other stuff, but its just not interesting enough to post up.

here is an in the proceess pic. the cabinets where painted with a brown latex previously, and we had to strip that off, before we began with the rustoleum. so this pic has the paint stripper applied and half way us getting the old paint off

3663C367-BF33-4035-A543-D6E4DF962B0A-2046-000000E788A15E3A_zpsd98bbba5.jpg

and an after of sorts. still have to wait for the countertops to fully cure, and then touch up a little paint on the walls in certain areas.

lighting is a little low, but you get the idea. ill get a better pic when there is some light coming through the window.

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g425/hobglide/6167DA8E-0950-4AC8-9125-0CD9C5339160-2046-000000E799102A32_zpse0e96e7a.jpg' alt='6167DA8E-0950-4AC8-9125-0CD9C5339160-2046-000000E799102A32_zpse0e96e7a.jpg'>

update/fix the shit out of it, and then it's "f*ck! this is a nice place! I don't wanna move".

been there, done that 4 times. now that there's no female involved it's A LOT easier...

...oh yeah, nice work! not surprising, based upon what transpired in the garage...

update/fix the shit out of it, and then it's "f*ck! this is a nice place! I don't wanna move".

been there, done that 4 times. now that there's no female involved it's A LOT easier...

...oh yeah, nice work! not surprising, based upon what transpired in the garage...

thats not gonna happen in this case. we have an offer in on a house already

Looks like you got the same floor as us. Kitchens and bathrooms are the most expensive rooms in the house, they also sell or don't sell the house. We redid ours back in 2009, old house, last remodel was 1955. We redid as though it would look like going to Grandmas house. Use as much old equipment and fixtures as possible, used new-old stock or new stuff that looks old. Did a lot ourselves and it turned out great. Good luck, it is a lot of work and is looking good, you may want to stay!

unfortunately the house we were looking at is under contract now :mad:

so back to the drawing board.

I've heard the housing market is absolutely nutzo right now. Have a few friends looking and they've all had similar experiences. Friend of mine had a condo in grandview, and were loosely shopping for a new place. Found one they liked, ONLY THEN listed theirs, and in the course of 48 hours was in contract to sell their place and buy the one they liked. Total insanity.

unfortunately the house we were looking at is under contract now :mad:

so back to the drawing board.

Hang in there. Some of this stuff happens for a reason. That first house got you moving and now maybe you'll find the one you were meant to buy!

I've heard the housing market is absolutely nutzo right now. Have a few friends looking and they've all had similar experiences. Friend of mine had a condo in grandview, and were loosely shopping for a new place. Found one they liked, ONLY THEN listed theirs, and in the course of 48 hours was in contract to sell their place and buy the one they liked. Total insanity.

yeah the market is crazy right now